Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cotswold Airfield/AV8 (Glos/Wilts) Sun 14 Oct ?

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
stevespg

AV8 Cafe Breakfast Meet 31st Dec (Glos)

Post by stevespg » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:11 pm

firebobby wrote:
stevespg wrote:seems like a fine reason to get up early on a saturday morning....as long as I can see through the fog, unlike this morning!
A very good reason indeed and a chance to meet a few forum members. Because it's such an early (in the year) meeting, it's not the law to bring the Z :whistle: :whistle:
I'll be in the z..... As long as the weather isn't too rubbish
Z4 3.0si - gone
Z4MR - gone
E89 35i - gone

zedwheels

Post by zedwheels » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:34 pm

Hope you all have a very enjoyable natter over your breakfast in the morning. And Merry Xmas and Happy new year to you all. :thumbsup:
Checked out the distance and its a 2 hour drive for me so bit too far for a bacon butty! :cry:

stevespg

Post by stevespg » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:44 pm

stevespg wrote:
firebobby wrote:
stevespg wrote:seems like a fine reason to get up early on a saturday morning....as long as I can see through the fog, unlike this morning!
A very good reason indeed and a chance to meet a few forum members. Because it's such an early (in the year) meeting, it's not the law to bring the Z :whistle: :whistle:
I'll be in the z..... As long as the weather isn't too rubbish

Well the weather was a bit rubbish, but took the z anyway, and had a great breakfast in a really nice cafe...

Thanks for the warm welcome ....hopefully next time weather will be good enough to go topless!
Z4 3.0si - gone
Z4MR - gone
E89 35i - gone

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:08 pm

Although the weather wasn't the best, the company more than made up for it, great venue and the food was very good too. Really nice to meet more forum members and see a few old faces again. Good turn out of cars too, a brace of Alpina's turned up, Big red cats (Fran) car is a stunning, mind they all looked good :thumbsup:
Must do this again and hopefully there will be a few more turn up.
A few photos
3 stunners
And another 3
The interloper :wink:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:03 pm

Yes, great turn out so thanks to all who turned up, ....including the couple in the Japanese thing :o

Nice breakfast and good company. Spikey usually sorts the weather, so lets blame him !
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:33 pm

Number5 wrote:Yes, great turn out so thanks to all who turned up, ....including the couple in the Japanese thing :o
But when I told you it never used a drop of oil Alan, you just couldn't comprehend that fact :rofl:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

Big Red Cat

Post by Big Red Cat » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:51 am

Shame it wasn't a top down day (perhaps it was sunny in Scotland where Spikey was)
Lovely to meet up with new & old faces & see another Alpina :thumbsup:
Thanks for the photos Firebobby - you could have photoshopped out the red interloper though :poke:
Well done to Alan for being dad again & organizing us. :thumbsup:
We also had the inaugural meeting of the "Whippy Owners Club" - all new members welcome :)
My New love - 05 Alpina Roadster, Black Sapphire, black leather #308
My first love - '07 2.0l Titanium Silver Pearl Grey Oregon leather
Daily drive - '05 e61 535d Titanium silver, black Dakota leather

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Big Red Cat wrote:Shame it wasn't a top down day (perhaps it was sunny in Scotland where Spikey was)
Lovely to meet up with new & old faces & see another Alpina :thumbsup:
Thanks for the photos Firebobby - you could have photoshopped out the red interloper though :poke:
Well done to Alan for being dad again & organizing us. :thumbsup:
We also had the inaugural meeting of the "Whippy Owners Club" - all new members welcome :)
And there's me thinking how nice you were, then you attack my little red beauty :cry:
Why do you carry so many oil containers in your boot Fran :P

So we need to have a mass whippy meeting then, maybe at zedfest :thumbsup:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

Spikey

Post by Spikey » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Great to see a great turnout for this meet AV8 is a perfect venue for this number

Firebobby - I would have been your wingman if I had been able to attend - if I had a double garage I would still have my Anniversary MR2 in it - the MK2 is definately a future classic ( if you can keep the tin worm away from the sills)

I was careering down the M6 in the F10 when you guys were enjoying breakfast - my weather was good but would much rather have been out with the Zeds

Next time :thumbsup:

2dogs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 2dogs » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Spikey wrote:Great to see a great turnout for this meet AV8 is a perfect venue for this number

Firebobby - I would have been your wingman if I had been able to attend - if I had a double garage I would still have my Anniversary MR2 in it - the MK2 is definately a future classic ( if you can keep the tin worm away from the sills)

I was careering down the M6 in the F10 when you guys were enjoying breakfast - my weather was good but would much rather have been out with the Zeds

My god :o sober enough to post :rofl:
Blue Z4MC - now gone

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Spikey wrote:Great to see a great turnout for this meet AV8 is a perfect venue for this number

I do have a bit at the rear of the sills which I will need to repair, they do make repair sections for these now :thumbsup:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

*AL*

Post by *AL* » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:01 pm

This is fairly local for me but I couldn't make it today due to family duties. I'm here regularly in my Zed and on my bike, absolutely great in the spring and summer, I look forward to another meet there. :thumbsup:
2009 (59) Z4 E89 3.0i Sdrive in deep sea blue, white extended leather, I-drive, folding mirrors. Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa

Spikey

Post by Spikey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:14 pm

firebobby wrote:

I do have a bit at the rear of the sills which I will need to repair, they do make repair sections for these now :thumbsup:
That's good - but from memory it's not the outer sills that are the issue - it's the mess you find in the inner section where the seatbelt anchor points are - anyhow still worth fixing for a great car

See now you have made me start looking at MR2 prices....,. :evil:

Spikey

Post by Spikey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:17 pm

2dogs wrote:

My god :o sober enough to post :rofl:
lol mellowing down in my old age Terry - increase the years in the barrel reduce the volume consumed :cry:

*AL*

Post by *AL* » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Thought I'd resurrect this AV8 thread! Now the days are getting longer perhaps we can have another meet at the AV8 café sometime soon? :)
2009 (59) Z4 E89 3.0i Sdrive in deep sea blue, white extended leather, I-drive, folding mirrors. Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa