Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newlands Corner meet Guildford - Sunday 19th February

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
TONYMOR

Post by TONYMOR » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:58 pm

I called in at 12 noon directly from Brooklands but no one there obviously was a good event but finished earlier.

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:18 pm

ffs the one close up of my car is that sodding goldfish bowl of a headlight! Bastard :rofl:

Great chatting cars today, the weather was good, definitely felt like the start of spring! Roll on the next meet - definitely need to plan a driving route out after, perhaps towards the coast with a bit of lunch to finish at the pub?

And wrs will let you know when I've booked Goodwood in April, if you want to sign up or just pop along for a passenger lap or whatever, it's always a good laugh :)
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Wrs

Post by Wrs » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Haha remember our chat about banter :wink:

I am defiantly up for a drive after. Down to the coast & pub lunch sounds great! Happy to help with the routes / organising etc.

Yes mate - please do. I'll be there.
Gone - Black Sapphire Z4 E89 35is
Gone - Midnight Blue Z4 E85 3.0si

andy.c

Post by andy.c » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Looks like a good meet today, would have liked to come but have just had too much on this morning had
to take my 5 year old niece out this morning to get her 1st bike for her birthday she wasn't impressed that I
couldn't put the roof down as I still have the hardtop on.
hopefully will get out to the next meet up,

Ed let me know when your doing Goodwood will definitely come down for that!.

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Looks good guys, shame I couldn't attend. As for that Peugeot parking next to the Fezza :headbang:
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

JimsZ

Post by JimsZ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Good turn out, looking forward to summer run outs.

Thanks to Vince for keeping this going, looks like it has well established now.

great to put names to a few more faces, some lovely cars on show :thumbsup:
E89/28i Msport gone :( .. Zx10r track bike gone… time for a KTM 350 exc-f and some green laning and dirt bike excursions…. Let’s see how this goes… : :evil:

Rally

Post by Rally » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:42 pm

andy.c wrote:Looks like a good meet today, would have liked to come but have just had too much on this morning had
to take my 5 year old niece out this morning to get her 1st bike for her birthday she wasn't impressed that I

Make sure your at the next one bud it would be good to see you and get that hardtop off its nearly summer :rofl:
Imola z4mr, carbon graphite ispiri FFR-6, mpss, gruppem, kw v3, oe strutbrace, aero skirts, schmiedmann carbon splitter, bcs exhaust, dice media, gaptech, F10 zhp & smiles every journey.

SteveSmith

Post by SteveSmith » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:21 pm

Sorry guys, I arrived at around 9:30 and all the cars were there but no owners to be seen!

I got a bacon roll and coffee, loads of people talking about what compound of AD08's they were currently running (obviously the Lotus folk!!) then had quick chat with Jim and Stormtrooper and I left as you were all walking back in! Doh!!!

I didn't realise you all went across the road for food, but I had already set out and CBA to turn around!

I'll make sure I'm on time next month but we should definitely organise a drive, maybe meet at Newland's and grab breakfast and then head down to the coast or something!

Either way, had a great mornings drive with the roof down finally and also got home before the Mrs woke up so winner!!
28i M Sport - Alpine White / Canberra Beige, 19" M359’s, H&R’s / Eibachs, BMS Stage 1 - 271bhp, Front Splitter, CF Rear Lip, Alcantara Steering Wheel and Brembo 4 pots

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:30 pm

I waved at you on your way out!

It was all Lee's idea(fault) - we didn't used to go over the road, but the bacon and egg butties there are pretty epic! :roll:

I'm sure I'll be at the next one - hope to see you there!
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

SteveSmith

Post by SteveSmith » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:41 pm

:thumbsup:

I did realise you guys were from here and put my thumb up!!

I've been to Newland's Corner countless times and never been across the road so maybe I'll have to try it!
28i M Sport - Alpine White / Canberra Beige, 19" M359’s, H&R’s / Eibachs, BMS Stage 1 - 271bhp, Front Splitter, CF Rear Lip, Alcantara Steering Wheel and Brembo 4 pots

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:25 pm

Looks like another good turnout, and much better weather than last month. :thumbsup:

Gutted that I missed it due to a technical issue - thankfully a user problem, not the car!

Set my alarm last night, but didn't notice the phone battery was getting low. :oops:

Sure enough the battery died overnight, and I woke up just after 10! :cry: (The joys of advancing years)!

I'll set 2 alarms next time. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

andy.c

Post by andy.c » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Rally wrote:
andy.c wrote:Looks like a good meet today, would have liked to come but have just had too much on this morning had

Make sure your at the next one bud it would be good to see you and get that hardtop off its nearly summer :rofl:
Yes will try to make the next meet there!, The hardtop will be coming off this coming weekend I will be down in
the Forest next weekend let me know if your about we can meet up somewhere for a few shots

Roundozo

Post by Roundozo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Again, looks like a great turnout. Sorry i couldn't be there, just too much on this weekend. By the time I finished my jobs on Sunday I did decide to clean the Zed though so even though I wasn't there my day was still slightly zed related.

Ed, at least you didn't get picked up on your car being filthy this time, only a fishbowl light. :poke:

What's with the lotus being pushed?

Will try and make the next one.
Past - Z4 Coupe, gone but not forgotten
Present - 530d M sport touring

stormtrooper

Post by stormtrooper » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:22 pm

Great little meet. good to see you all again after I eventually found you all hiding across the road butties in hand. Loving the M with the bike rack.

Z43.0Si

Post by Z43.0Si » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:00 pm

A massive thanks to all those in attendance, a great turn out once more :thumbsup:

Let's keep the momentum up, we can fill that Carpark by the summer :driving: