Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Possible July driving day

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Highlander

Post by Highlander » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:15 am

In case March goes pear shaped as it's not TOO far away,I thought it might be an idea to see if there was any interest from people who aren't attending the Cumbria meet.All the summer months have runs in the planning stages apart from July and possibly August.
Anyway,just an idle thought......still have an invitation to go to Spain in July open but it's looking unlikely.

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:04 pm

I'm leaving the hols to Mandy this year so Spain's probably not going to happen.....Don't think she finds all the driving too restful.
BUT I'd like to have another go at a long weekend we did for charity on the bikes...The compass points of Scotland,4 lighthouses:
Dunnet head
Ardnamurchan point
Boddam ness(near Peterhead if I recall correctly)
Mull of Galloway
Can't remember the mileage but must be over 1000......Anyone intrigued by this,99℅ country roads and all welcome.

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Got a rural route down on paper which could start in Pitlochry and eventually end back in Perth...around 8.5hours of driving so a longish day including stops.......ideally a Sat.
Unlikely to be much interest in our cars from "aged William" but these scenic routes are a bit touristy + bikers
Pitlochry-Fettercairn-Banchory-Inverurie-Pennan-Keith-Braemar-Perth
Lunch in Pennan(Hollywood fame in Local Hero) and we'll probably be late as there are photo ops on Cairnwell :D
Thought we could discuss the route on here and set the date in private messages to keep all the conspiracy theorists happy 8)