Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

June 4: Soft Top Sunday - Goodwood Breakfast Club

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
wegras

Post by wegras » Sat May 27, 2017 9:12 pm

check the Goodwood.com /breakfast club site and remember the A285 from Petworth is the most dangerous A road in UK
lets not make it your last Breakfast club :)
2007 Z4 3.0 si Sport Auto Monaco Blue Roadster / 2013 X1 2.5d Auto M Sport White
1st BMW a 2002 when they were current ..! and wife has a 2014 Mini Cooper auto
All BMW family

Johnr32

Post by Johnr32 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Just checked and the gates open at 6:30am, will have to be out the house at 5am then.. :lol:

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Sun May 28, 2017 8:58 am

wegras wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 9:12 pm check the Goodwood.com /breakfast club site and remember the A285 from Petworth is the most dangerous A road in UK
lets not make it your last Breakfast club :)
I've driven in Saudi Arabia, now that's the world's most dangerous roads but point taken. :thumbsup:
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Sun May 28, 2017 11:20 am

I've commuted that road for 4 years in a previous job - the reputation as the most dangerous road is totally over the top - as long as you're not a complete plonker it's a lovely road to drive. Just don't get carried away :roll:
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Mon May 29, 2017 9:34 am

It will be my first breakfast club, so any tips?
Is the tea/coffee there good/cheap?
Are there burger vans for breakfast?

Is it family based or purely for the enthusiast?
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Mon May 29, 2017 11:19 am

The coffee and bacon/sausage baps are good, but not cheap, but there's a good choice.

You get all sorts there - everyone from real petrolheads through to families with children/dogs.

It's well worth a visit. I have been many times, have always enjoyed whatever the weather and have always seen something I'd not seen before.

I invariably meet up with others at Petworth at around 07:15 and have never experienced any queues to get in.

Hope you enjoy.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

wegras

Post by wegras » Mon May 29, 2017 3:02 pm

the reputation as the most dangerous road is totally over the top - as long as you're not a complete plonker it's a lovely road to drive. Just don't get carried away :roll:

That's the issue, though, isn't it ,there was another head-on after the supercar B/C earlier this month.
Sadly it isn't reputatio, it is fact from Highways England and West Sussex CC have been allocated £1M to do something about it since it is
a fact and not a reputation.
Couple of weeks back 2 x Surveyors doing work for these "improvements" refused to continue as it was too dangerous and that was in a 30mph village .
2007 Z4 3.0 si Sport Auto Monaco Blue Roadster / 2013 X1 2.5d Auto M Sport White
All BMW family

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Tue May 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Due to the overwhelming success of Supercar Sunday, we are making an important change to Breakfast Club to ensure that all visitors have a pleasant and safe experience with us.

Effective today, and in preparation for Soft Top Sunday (this Sunday 4th June) visitors wishing to attend a Breakfast Club event must sign up in advance to gain free entry.
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Tue May 30, 2017 8:05 pm

I'm going to dip out guys, apologies - got some family stuff on. Enjoy!
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Tue May 30, 2017 8:38 pm

flimper wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 6:14 pm Due to the overwhelming success of Supercar Sunday, we are making an important change to Breakfast Club to ensure that all visitors have a pleasant and safe experience with us.

Effective today, and in preparation for Soft Top Sunday (this Sunday 4th June) visitors wishing to attend a Breakfast Club event must sign up in advance to gain free entry.
I can confidently predict that Soft Top Sunday will be a shambles with this requirement. Surely a lot of people will just rock up, not having thoughtnto check the Goodwood website because they never have before. Thanks Flimper for the info.

Has anyone received notification from Goodwood as to whether they have been accepted to display their car on Sunday? (E86 owners need not advise!) I am wondering if we're not accepted to display whether we have to then apply to just attend.

And finally, any other takers to meet at Petworth Square at 07:15am?
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Tue May 30, 2017 9:00 pm

Looks as though Goodwood have been victims of the elf and safety police. See this - need to scroll down a bit:

https://www.goodwood.com/sports/motorsp ... questions/

wegras

Post by wegras » Tue May 30, 2017 9:10 pm

more likely brought about by perception of exceeding the Planning Conditions for holding the events at the Goodwood Estate and exacerbated by the driver behaviour leaving the area ......................
All BMW family

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Tue May 30, 2017 10:56 pm

RickRob wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 8:38 pm
flimper wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 6:14 pm Due to the overwhelming success of Supercar Sunday, we are making an important change to Breakfast Club to ensure that all visitors have a pleasant and safe experience with us.

I can confidently predict that Soft Top Sunday will be a shambles with this requirement. Surely a lot of people will just rock up, not having thoughtnto check the Goodwood website because they never have before. Thanks Flimper for the info.

Has anyone received notification from Goodwood as to whether they have been accepted to display their car on Sunday? (E86 owners need not advise!) I am wondering if we're not accepted to display whether we have to then apply to just attend.

And finally, any other takers to meet at Petworth Square at 07:15am?
I may be up for meeting you Rick, confirm at end of the week
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Wed May 31, 2017 9:45 am

I've signed up just to park in the normal car park and not on display. Not sure how easy it is to get out early.
My ticket time is for 7am.
Daz

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Wed May 31, 2017 10:46 pm

Now got my email from Goodwood advising that I cannot display my Zed. :(

But I am still going. :)

Have registered and got the email one now needs to get in. :)

The "ticket time" of 07:00am is I think the same for everyone. It means don't get there before then.

I'll be in Petworth Square in time to set off for Goodwood at about 07:15am. Anyone who wants to join me there will be most welcome! :)