Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Good drive near harrogate

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Yes Si it is the tmt app. Had another great day today. Found some great back roads. Empty of traffic and brilliant weather. They weren't the fastest driving roads as most were single track but the hl climbs and switch backs were great fun.

Carl69

Post by Carl69 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:06 pm

Some great ideas in this thread. I can also warn over the north Yorkshire camera vans as I was unfortunately at the wrong end of a 50 mph zone. Watch out for the 40, 50 60 areas as they can catch you out.

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:13 pm

jamesditchy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:08 pm Yes Si it is the tmt app. Had another great day today. Found some great back roads. Empty of traffic and brilliant weather. They weren't the fastest driving roads as most were single track but the hl climbs and switch backs were great fun.
I've just installed that app on my phone ready for Galloway ! You certainly picked a belting day for exploring the back roads 8) :driving: We had a walk with the dogs up Rivington/Winter Hill this afternoon...wall to wall sunshine ! Hopefully might get out in the Zed tmrw afternoon. When your coming back if you fancy a good route I can recommend going to Hawes in Wensleydale (over the Buttertubs Pass again ? :D ) and then take the road for Gayle/Kettlewell. This is fab over the moor top and down into Wharfedale. You can follow this down to Grassington and stop off at ruined Bolton Abbey. Then you can pick up the A59 back to the M6. :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:58 am

patriot66 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:13 pm
jamesditchy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:08 pm Yes Si it is the tmt app. Had another great day today. Found some great back roads. Empty of traffic and brilliant weather. They weren't the fastest driving roads as most were single track but the hl climbs and switch backs were great fun.
I've just installed that app on my phone ready for Galloway ! You certainly picked a belting day for exploring the back roads 8) :driving: We had a walk with the dogs up Rivington/Winter Hill this afternoon...wall to wall sunshine ! Hopefully might get out in the Zed tmrw afternoon. When your coming back if you fancy a good route I can recommend going to Hawes in Wensleydale (over the Buttertubs Pass again ? :D ) and then take the road for Gayle/Kettlewell. This is fab over the moor top and down into Wharfedale. You can follow this down to Grassington and stop off at ruined Bolton Abbey. Then you can pick up the A59 back to the M6. :thumbsup:
Took the road yesterday from kettlwell to middleham. Stopped at the top and had a walk to the top of the moors. Views were spectacular and weather was fantastic. Think I'll try that route of yours today. Any excuse to have another go over buttertubs. Looking forward to Scotland, not long now :driving:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:19 am

jamesditchy wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:58 am
Took the road yesterday from kettlwell to middleham. Stopped at the top and had a walk to the top of the moors. Views were spectacular and weather was fantastic. Think I'll try that route of yours today. Any excuse to have another go over buttertubs. Looking forward to Scotland, not long now :driving:
Nice one ! Middleham Castle is spectacular. Enjoy the road if you go that route today. :thumbsup: Roll on Scotland ! :driving:
I'll call you in the week re next Saturday. Have fun !
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:46 pm

patriot66 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:19 am
jamesditchy wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:58 am

Nice one ! Middleham Castle is spectacular. Enjoy the road if you go that route today. :thumbsup: Roll on Scotland ! :driving:
I'll call you in the week re next Saturday. Have fun !
Thanks for the tip. Took that route today. Bottom of the valley out from near kettlwell was busy but a lot quieter further up. Went over buttertubs again then took the road out to Kirby Stephen. Wow what a road. Hardly any traffic and when we did come across a vehicle they just pulled aside and let us go thru. Lovely road from there down to sedburgh too. Just under 500 miles the weekend car performed perfectly. Look forward to a good summer.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170409-193726.png
Screenshot_20170409-193726.png (292.75 KiB) Viewed 689 times

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Excellent stuff ! :driving: Top down all the way ! :thumbsup:

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:19 pm

patriot66 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 pm Excellent stuff ! :driving: Top down all the way ! :thumbsup:
Of course haha