Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Silverstone classic

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
TONYMOR

Silverstone classic

Post by TONYMOR » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:29 am

Anybody been or at Silverstone classic and any photos?

TR4man

Silverstone classic

Post by TR4man » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:46 am

Went there yesterday for what was probably the best day weather wise, although as my interest tends to be in older cars that Zeds, I didn't really take any photos of them. There was however some nice cars on the BMWCC stand - a particularly lovely E9 CSL.
2006 E86 Si Sport as a daily driver.

TONYMOR

Silverstone classic

Post by TONYMOR » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:55 am

Yours looks great.

Ed Doe

Silverstone classic

Post by Ed Doe » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:00 am

I'm still here - camped since Thursday evening! Weather is glorious this morning! Looking forward to some racing shortly!
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

99ron

Silverstone classic

Post by 99ron » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Went Sunday. Parked with the BMW club. The two for one deal is worth the membership fees alone. One of the best events of the year. Got down to the new paddock this year and spent about 4 hours down there. Full access to cars and pit garages. Absolutely amazing. The noise was immense. Highlight being Mansells Williams fw14b doing laps. Some great racing plus more McLarens in one place than you will ever see again. Still can't tell which model is which. Ooo and a Ferrari F50 on their club park. Saw it come in. Well my son heard it first and said it's an f50 before it appeared into view.
I've got a load of photos but need to find somewhere to load them given I closed the useless photofookit account.
Z4MR E85 for sunny day Hooning. 8)
Now with added joy of Gruppe M.

Ed Doe

Silverstone classic

Post by Ed Doe » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:23 pm

99ron wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 pm Went Sunday. Parked with the BMW club. The two for one deal is worth the membership fees alone. One of the best events of the year. Got down to the new paddock this year and spent about 4 hours down there. Full access to cars and pit garages. Absolutely amazing. The noise was immense. Highlight being Mansells Williams fw14b doing laps. Some great racing plus more McLarens in one place than you will ever see again. Still can't tell which model is which. Ooo and a Ferrari F50 on their club park. Saw it come in. Well my son heard it first and said it's an f50 before it appeared into view.
I've got a load of photos but need to find somewhere to load them given I closed the useless photofookit account.
I think I saw you on Sunday - I was noseying about the BMW Club Stand with the wife admiring the Zeds on show :) Should have said hi, but didn't see a forum sticker!
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

99ron

Silverstone classic

Post by 99ron » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:45 pm

Must get me a forum a sticker.
:oops:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/99ron/W4999A
A bit amateur but around 100+ photos here from various parts of the day.
Z4MR E85 for sunny day Hooning. 8)
Now with added joy of Gruppe M.

Player 1

Silverstone classic

Post by Player 1 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:38 pm

99ron summed it up pretty well! Also went on the Sunday and got very lucky with the weather, only one shower on the Group C cars.

Didn't mention the little Austin A35's though! Best racing all day doing pretty much the entire race three abreast, 2nd and 3rd were 0.002 seconds apart at the flag,
few photo's below from the Brooklands Suite: