Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cleaning CSLs

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Cleaning CSLs

Post by StevenH72 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:23 am

original guvnor wrote:Yes but at least you get 12.5mm of extra space between the caliper and wheel rim on a CSL! Makes front wheel cleaning a lot more straightforward! :)
True, but I find that the Megs wheel brush will fit between front Calipers and wheel on the 224's. For the most part 224's are pretty simple to clean.
'07 ///M Coupé ¦ Carbon Black ¦ Black Nappa Interior ¦ Piano Black trim ¦ 224's ¦ Stubby ¦ ZHP ¦ Prof Nav ¦ Loudspeaker HiFi ¦ BT ¦ Aux ¦ 6CD ¦ Cruise ¦ Heated Seats ¦ Folding Mirrors ¦ PDC ¦ Autodim ¦

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:37 am

My EZ wheel brush won't fit so I end up cleaning most of the wheel and then reversing the car a few yards and doing the part of the rim that I couldn't get to because of the caliper. A right rigmarole!

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:02 am

original guvnor wrote:My EZ wheel brush won't fit so I end up cleaning most of the wheel and then reversing the car a few yards and doing the part of the rim that I couldn't get to because of the caliper. A right rigmarole!
Haha, I thought I was the only one to do that :D
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

GP06Roadster

Post by GP06Roadster » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:21 pm

For my wheels (were CSL reps/now Apex in a similar PITA style). Before I fitted them I sealed them inside and out with collinite 845 insulator wax. Whilst I clean them regularly I simply use AG car shampoo now whilst doing the bodywork then quickly wipe dry with a microfibre and that's it. With the sealant applied a couple of times a year any dirt just rinses/wipes off and makes keeping them clean relatively easy.
E86 3.0si Manual

swanicyouth

Post by swanicyouth » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:38 pm

The Daytona Jr wheel brush fits between the front wheel and caliper on the standard M wheel. Don't know if this smaller model is available in EU.

The Montana Boars hair brush is made of soft boars hair fibers that cleans the wheel face and into the spokes. It won't damage wheels and the "hair" is long enough to get into the spokes and intricate areas:

The Wheel Woolie paint brush can get into the lug nuts and that area:

I'm pretty confident you can successfully clean the wheels with these tools. It may not be fast, but its faster than other tools I've tried.

Z42b

Post by Z42b » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:53 pm

a340driver wrote:Bilberrry juice is great. Water it down, spray it on, leave it for 5 minutes then wash and the wheels are as good as new!
Was just about to say the same, as you clean your wheels each time you clean the car it's a simple and cheap way to get the same results!