Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Autosmart Topaz "hybrid" wax/polish

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Autosmart Topaz "hybrid" wax/polish

Post by jimbo1958 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:38 pm

mr wilks wrote:
jimbo1958 wrote:Just ordered some.....cheers Mr Wilks. :thumbsup:

If it comes as mine did with no instructions then apply on a small sponge if poss , a little goes a long way & wait until completely dried before removing & you should be happy :thumbsup:
I read all 25 pages on a post on DWorld & at one point the pro guys are discussing how they can achieve a look with max half hour that clients would expect to take 2 days :o
I like it & if you don't then use it up on your house windows / mirrors / bathroom tiles , amazing finish with little effort :P
Cheers for that......will report back when I've used. :thumbsup:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

JAD

Post by JAD » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:29 pm

mr wilks wrote:I read all 25 pages on a post on DWorld & at one point the pro guys are discussing how they can achieve a look with max half hour that clients would expect to take 2 days :o
Do you have a link, Andy? I, like you, like to read through the DW test panel thoughts before buying yet another product!!

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:15 pm

JAD wrote:
mr wilks wrote:I read all 25 pages on a post on DWorld & at one point the pro guys are discussing how they can achieve a look with max half hour that clients would expect to take 2 days :o
Do you have a link, Andy? I, like you, like to read through the DW test panel thoughts before buying yet another product!!
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=349209 :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

ekimj10

Post by ekimj10 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:27 pm

Another recommended detailing product added to my growing collection, really need to stop buying as running out of shelf space.
Sounds good though and mine should arrive in a day or two.
2.2R Toledo Blue

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:22 pm

Topaz arrived today. Washed the car and applied as Andy suggested.
It really does come off easily with a Microfibre once dry. Really does only need a little as it covers such a big area with just a small amount.
Certainly leaves a nice wet glossy finish even on my car that really needs a paint correction.
Can see myself buying more of this when finished.
I'd been following this on Detailingworld but didn't follow up on it as I had just bought some Reload which I wasn't too impressed with.
This stuff is in a different league and thanks again Andy for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:42 am

Nice work Jimbo , looks good :) the secret to getting this stuff on easy & removing even easier is make sure paint is totally 100% dry & wait until the wax has dried fully before removing :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:15 am

mr wilks, as you enjoy cleanig cars so much i will go for a brew over weekend and you can spend an hour on my car :)

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:36 pm

Taz wrote:mr wilks, as you enjoy cleanig cars so much i will go for a brew over weekend and you can spend an hour on my car :)
If you turned up with a freshly washed & dried car by the time you had ordered the coffees the wax would be on , by the time we had drunk them the wax would be dried & by the time you'd taken the cups back i'd have buffed it off :P
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:36 pm

jimbo1958 wrote:Topaz arrived today. Washed the car and applied as Andy suggested.
It really does come off easily with a Microfibre once dry. Really does only need a little as it covers such a big area with just a small amount.
Certainly leaves a nice wet glossy finish even on my car that really needs a paint correction.
Can see myself buying more of this when finished.
I'd been following this on Detailingworld but didn't follow up on it as I had just bought some Reload which I wasn't too impressed with.
This stuff is in a different league and thanks again Andy for the heads up. :thumbsup:

What was the problem with Reload, Jimbo? I'm a massive fan, having moved on from C2V3. Have you tried Hydr02/Lite?

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:17 pm

i need to wash my car :)

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:48 pm

JAD wrote:
jimbo1958 wrote: What was the problem with Reload, Jimbo? I'm a massive fan, having moved on from C2V3. Have you tried Hydr02/Lite?
Having seen lots of recommendations for Reload especially on white cars, I was very underwhelmed after using it.
The finish didn't impress me at all and after the next wash I was getting smears all over the car. It was almost as if the Reload was washing away.
Must admit I only used it the once and had intended to try it again on my daughters car but never got around to it.
Topaz on the other hand beats it into the ground. Go's on easy,comes off easy,doesnt leave white marks on rubbers etc and the finish is easily the best I've had on the car.
Not tried Hydr02/Lite and can't see me trying anything else whilst I have some Topaz left. :D
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:51 pm

mr wilks wrote:Nice work Jimbo , looks good :) the secret to getting this stuff on easy & removing even easier is make sure paint is totally 100% dry & wait until the wax has dried fully before removing :thumbsup:
Cheers. After doing the roof and bonnet, I then went around and applied to the rest of the car before buffing off with a microfibre and this was on a very sunny day. Left to dry and as you say and it was effortless to buff off.
On a non white car it would be even easier as most waxes/sealants are a PITA to see on the white. :thumbsup:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Just cleaned and treated the roof, it's a start

TR4man

Post by TR4man » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Has anyone yet tried applying Topaz in the sunshine such as we have been experiencing today?

Some polishes can me a nightmare to buff in the sunshine.
Last edited by TR4man on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2006 E86 Si Sport as a daily driver.

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:17 pm

TR4man wrote:Has anyone yet tried applying Topaz in the sunshine such ast we have been experiencing today?

Some polishes can me a nightmare to buff in the sunshine.
It was in direct sunshine when I did mine yesterday and it buffed off a treat.
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE