Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Autosmart Topaz "hybrid" wax/polish

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Amg01

Re: Autosmart Topaz "hybrid" wax/polish

Post by Amg01 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:20 pm

Was contemplating getting a DA polisher but think I will get some of this and see what its like. Have read through the DW thread, looks like this can go on paint, alloys and glass. I am due to do my first proper clean of my car (clay, tar removal, iron removal) once complete seems as if this stuff would do the trick. Couple of questions, would two coats of this enhance it and could I put a wax on top, Autoglym HD?
Silver E89 Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

ekimj10

Post by ekimj10 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:23 pm

Mine arrived this morning and a sample patch of the bonnet and upper front wing looks to be fulfilling expectations.
Needs a proper wash first and then the complete polish. It is easy to apply and buff off.
2.2R Toledo Blue

Amg01

Autosmart Topaz "hybrid" wax/polish

Post by Amg01 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Finally got a chance to give Autosmart Topaz a whirl, after 5 hours of grafting which involved this, Snow Foam (Bilt Hamber Snow Foam), Wash (Meguiar's Gold Class Car Shampoo, 2 bucket method), Dry, Autosmart Tardis, Rinse, Iron X (Car Pro), Rinse, Clay (Bilt Hamber Soft) , Wash, 2 coats of Autosmart Topaz, and then a coat of Autoglym HD Wax gave this

Photos don't show the shine it gives, looks incredible, well chuffed, although I am sore all over today from the graft. Its rained today and gives decent beading
Last edited by Amg01 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Great looking car & your efforts look well
After 4/6 weeks with Topaz on my car i find its holding the shine & feel with just wash & dry required to bring the paint back up .
For the money id say its a great all round product for anyone wanting a decent finish , easy to achieve & not spend silly money
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:28 pm

Took the plunge and have a day of it when it arrives.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:29 pm

how often do people re apply Topaz, also do you use soapy water to wash in between applications

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Taz wrote:how often do people re apply Topaz, also do you use soapy water to wash in between applications

"Soapy" water as in http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autosmart-High- ... ar+shampoo

not Fairy liquid :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Amg01

Post by Amg01 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:23 am

mr wilks wrote:Great looking car & your efforts look well
After 4/6 weeks with Topaz on my car i find its holding the shine & feel with just wash & dry required to bring the paint back up .
For the money id say its a great all round product for anyone wanting a decent finish , easy to achieve & not spend silly money
Thanks, appreciated. Would agree with that, had been thinking about a DA polisher but not sure there would be a great difference. How often would you apply and assume a normal wash routine is all thats required to keep it maintained?

A beeding shot from today

Baza

Post by Baza » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Impressed with pics and descriptions ordered today , looking forward to a detailing day
Panther Kallista 2.8
S Drive 3.0i E89 2009 Space Grey Coral red Int 18" 295 wheels

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Amg01 wrote: Would agree with that, had been thinking about a DA polisher but not sure there would be a great difference. How often would you apply and assume a normal wash routine is all thats required to keep it maintained?
Unless your paint needs correction i wouldn't think a DA was worth it but i'm no expert detailer :?
From all accounts online the Topaz seems to hold its coat for months but there's also guys who apply it after every wash , its that cheap & i find it so easy to apply & remove you may as well add coats as & when you feel like it .
Initially i applied 3/4 coats over first few weeks but haven't for about 6 weeks & it still comes up great after a wash + dry .
When you consider some of the Halfords products for similar money & also the way more expensive products this is a decent buy for all who aren't semi pros :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:27 pm

It's a shame there is not a spray version

Baza

Post by Baza » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:31 pm

Couldn't resist ordered a bottle arrived today , looks like its from a bootleggers camp plain bottle with small label, will try out in the next few days. Should I put a coat of wax after or leave as is ?
Panther Kallista 2.8
S Drive 3.0i E89 2009 Space Grey Coral red Int 18" 295 wheels

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Baza wrote:Couldn't resist ordered a bottle arrived today , looks like its from a bootleggers camp plain bottle with small label, will try out in the next few days. Should I put a coat of wax after or leave as is ?
ye it looks very un professional, i believe they buy 5 litres and split it

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Got my topaz on Friday so rinsed, snow foamed, rinsed, two bucket washed, black holed and topazed today. Really easy to use I think. Took about a quarter of the time of the blackhole and came off really easily. The only downside is the container it comes in as it's so thin it's easy to squash and jettison polish everywhere! Before anyone lets me know I haven't done the wheels yet as I need to take them off to put new centres on them but this is happening tomorrow.

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Can't get these photos to embed from photobucket. Not that great anyway but format am I meant to use. I can get a link up but then that gives access to all of my photos!