Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Autosmart Topaz "hybrid" wax/polish

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Autosmart Topaz "hybrid" wax/polish

Post by RickRob » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:10 pm

You had done the hard work. All you have to do is copy and paste the content of the IMG box.

///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Thanks Rick. Here is the copy and paste from the IMG box. I have just downloaded the photobucket app thinking it would be easier but ....... Ooh it is. Thanks again.

Amg01

Post by Amg01 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:47 pm

Baza wrote:Couldn't resist ordered a bottle arrived today , looks like its from a bootleggers camp plain bottle with small label, will try out in the next few days. Should I put a coat of wax after or leave as is ?

Yeah I think so, seem to say it's ok on detailing world, as you can see above, I did, put on a coat of autoglym HD wax.
Last edited by Amg01 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver E89 Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:12 pm

I have to say although impressed with this yesterday today in the little bi5 of sun we have had this Summer up here the carbon black "blue" colour shining through was awesome. Better I would say than the whole poorboys product range being thrown at it. Well impressed today.

Inspired me to buy Gtechiq C4 for the plastics to bring back to new look today. The videos of the Gtechiq products look really good. I know they all do ! :D

Amg01

Post by Amg01 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:29 pm

Its now 4 months since I put on Topaz originally, topped it up a few times since with the last time being over the weekend. The beading when I left for work this morning was incredible, Topaz is so easy to use and effective, even on windows, big fan.

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Amg01 wrote:Its now 4 months since I put on Topaz originally, topped it up a few times since with the last time being over the weekend. The beading when I left for work this morning was incredible, Topaz is so easy to use and effective, even on windows, big fan.

Have you had any issues with the Topaz on your screen ? Does it smear/sheet out when you have the wipers on ? Do your wiper blades start to squeak or judder? I am curious as waxing your screen always used to be a big NO but as the technology in modern wax/polish evolves then maybe this is changing ?
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Amg01

Post by Amg01 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:35 pm

patriot66 wrote:
Amg01 wrote:Its now 4 months since I put on Topaz originally, topped it up a few times since with the last time being over the weekend. The beading when I left for work this morning was incredible, Topaz is so easy to use and effective, even on windows, big fan.

Have you had any issues with the Topaz on your screen ? Does it smear/sheet out when you have the wipers on ? Do your wiper blades start to squeak or judder? I am curious as waxing your screen always used to be a big NO but as the technology in modern wax/polish evolves then maybe this is changing ?
I had read that as well and stayed away from doing it previously but on DW they talk about doing it. Usually the first time I use the wipers after rain, it can judder slightly but it doesn't last and is fine after that. If you are worried about obviously don't do it, but its been fine and the rain seems to bounce off the windscreen and remains a lot clearer than before. I only use a light smearing of topaz, one pass with the applicator pad with minimal product, no where near what I would use on a body panel.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue May 03, 2016 11:35 am

Ordered a 1L bottle of this on Friday night after reading this thread. It arrived this morning!

Just given it a quick try on the van, as it is outside the shop today, was washed yesterday..

Bit difficult to see it going on with it being a white van, but dried almost instantly and polished off easily with zero dust. Good shine, so let's see what the rain brings...

Also tried a bit on the black mirror, made it look a lot better, and no white marks!

Just waiting for my Collinite to arrive, and then I'll do the Zed with it and Topaz over..

Mike

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Tue May 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Just waiting for my Collinite to arrive
Mike
er wots that?

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue May 03, 2016 1:25 pm

Taz wrote:
Mike
er wots that?
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/colli ... d_207.html

See linky..

Mike

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Tue May 03, 2016 5:22 pm

Ducklakeview wrote:
Taz wrote:
Mike
er wots that?

See linky..

Mike

cheers but why use that and topaz?

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue May 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Taz wrote:
Ducklakeview wrote:
Taz wrote:
er wots that?

See linky..

Mike

cheers but why use that and topaz?
I haven't - Yet...

Was only trying on the van as it was clean, BUT I plan to use the Collinite after I've machine polished the Zed at the weekend, and then top it with the Topaz as a sealer....

Mike

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Tue May 03, 2016 5:46 pm

ok :thumbsup:

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:02 pm