Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

the OCD has been triggered..

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
MDUBZ

Post by MDUBZ » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:29 pm

the Z is nice and clean in the garage waiting for some nice clean dry roads...

It was spotless on Tuesday: 3 days!!!! and only about 70 miles :cry: : i've just about resisted getting the jet wash out at 11pm (when i've been getting home this week). the neighbours already think i'm mad with the cleaning regime..

looks worse in the flesh

i'm getting up early tomorrow armed with the full kit!!!

inspired by this: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1634147 - some of the metal in here... i just couldn't do it!!!
Current: 3.0si E85, Mini JCW , SMAX (3 kids) , Ducati Monster, z1000sx

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:43 pm

Yep.. My job involves ANPR and I've had a hell of week with our hits dropping by 20% as loads of the plates just aren't readable !

I've been cleaning the cameras daily (usually fortnightly) to keep the lenses clean, but if the plates are dirty too, there's not a lot you can do !!
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:53 pm

Number5 wrote:Yep.. My job involves ANPR and I've had a hell of week with our hits dropping by 20% as loads of the plates just aren't readable !

I've been cleaning the cameras daily (usually fortnightly) to keep the lenses clean, but if the plates are dirty too, there's not a lot you can do !!
Great tip number5! Thanks for that.
U hear that lads? s**t up ur plates for foot-down freedom!
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:53 pm

That's spotless you should see my daily after driving 400 miles to South wales and back last Sunday. :driving: That reminds me must either take the Zed for a spin, or stick it on the trickle charger this weekend.

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:43 pm

Chris_D wrote:
Number5 wrote:Yep.. My job involves ANPR and I've had a hell of week with our hits dropping by 20% as loads of the plates just aren't readable !

You do know it's illegal to have an unreadable plate though ??? You'd be better just taking it off...
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:29 am

Number5 wrote:
Chris_D wrote:

You do know it's illegal to have an unreadable plate though ??? You'd be better just taking it off...
Illegal yes, but if you're on a long journey then I highly doubt you can be expected to stop on the hard shoulder every 50 miles to check your reg plate is nice and clean.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:31 am

Yeah, the roads got filthy all of a sudden - my Z looks like that :o

It's so bad that I'm going to be cleaning it in the rain this morning. All the dirt and salt is making me itch.

Then on Monday it will get into the same state again... :cry:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

MDUBZ

Post by MDUBZ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:26 am

that thought didn't escape me...

The golf and smax are now cleaned, too wet to wax, might go out later with the spray bottle... The sweating and twitching has now stopped, until Monday.. Saw a grey and a blue Z covered in filth in the station car park.. The grey ones lights were body coloured, they were so dirty. the lights aren't all that great when they are clean; I can only imagine the force is strong in that one.. If they are are still dirty on monday I'll shame them here..
Current: 3.0si E85, Mini JCW , SMAX (3 kids) , Ducati Monster, z1000sx