Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Crimbo gifts

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Crimbo gifts

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:17 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:General consensus and patriots views then lead me to believe my 'Volume and value over quality' comment is probably correct, so I will continue to pass them by and stick with more expensive big brand names
Have you ever used Auto Finesse "Triple" ? http://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/tripple-250ml
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

JAD

Crimbo gifts

Post by JAD » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:54 pm

mr wilks wrote:
cj10jeeper wrote:General consensus and patriots views then lead me to believe my 'Volume and value over quality' comment is probably correct, so I will continue to pass them by and stick with more expensive big brand names
Have you ever used Auto Finesse "Triple" ? http://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/tripple-250ml
Brilliant stuff. The best AIO in my honest opinion. Great for those without the time, ability or inclination to spend on correction and application of semi-perm sealants. :thumbsup:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Crimbo gifts

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:10 pm

JAD wrote:
mr wilks wrote:
Brilliant stuff. The best AIO in my honest opinion. Great for those without the time, ability or inclination to spend on correction and application of semi-perm sealants. :thumbsup:
Good stuff indeed but when I tried some last week after receiving as a Xmas gift & found it virtually identical in colour , smell , application ( on & off ) & end finish to Topaz :o slightly thicker if anything but that could have been the cold temp , , i seriously doubt anyone other than a expert in them both would be able to spot the difference if containers were without label
£30 for 1 litre Topaz as opposed to £11AF with virtually no difference :?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

JAD

Crimbo gifts

Post by JAD » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:16 pm

mr wilks wrote:
JAD wrote:
mr wilks wrote:
Good stuff indeed but when I tried some last week after receiving as a Xmas gift & found it virtually identical in colour , smell , application ( on & off ) & end finish to Topaz :o slightly thicker if anything but that could have been the cold temp , , i seriously doubt anyone other than a expert in them both would be able to spot the difference if containers were without label
The thing I love about detailing is how subjective and personal it is. I tried Topaz after your thread and thought it was perfectly OK for the "Halfrauds" Joe Public. But felt AF3 for ease of application was better on and off. Horses for courses, willing to bet ours look far better than 99% of cars on the road!

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Crimbo gifts

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:59 pm

JAD wrote:
mr wilks wrote:
JAD wrote:
The thing I love about detailing is how subjective and personal it is. I tried Topaz after your thread and thought it was perfectly OK for the "Halfrauds" Joe Public. But felt AF3 for ease of application was better on and off. Horses for courses, willing to bet ours look far better than 99% of cars on the road!
Yea totally agree we all have our favourites & what ive found myself is no one brand does it all the best :?
After finding 50cal glaze was terrific stuff i bought their QD spray & also their Penta wax only to find that Fusso Soft 99 is way better than the Penta & that AutoFinesse glisten QD is by far the best quick topping spray waxes ive tried
Also that Collinite 845 is hard to beat for the money but then ive never paid more than £20 per product & do appreciate there could be better products available
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

JAD

Crimbo gifts

Post by JAD » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:48 pm

mr wilks wrote:
JAD wrote:
mr wilks wrote:
Yea totally agree we all have our favourites & what ive found myself is no one brand does it all the best :?
After finding 50cal glaze was terrific stuff i bought their QD spray & also their Penta wax only to find that Fusso Soft 99 is way better than the Penta & that AutoFinesse glisten QD is by far the best quick topping spray waxes ive tried
Also that Collinite 845 is hard to beat for the money but then ive never paid more than £20 per product & do appreciate there could be better products available
Exactly that - 845 for Winter is/was great for me, but have since moved on to the likes of Hyrd02 over Winter and Glasur/Illusion waxes for shows. The crystal serums of this world are utterly amazing, but I do still love the warmth of applying a wax. A bit like the DCT over manual discussion... something about repeating application every few weeks over one-off-lasts-years semi-perms...