Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Monaco Blue Roadster

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Anakin

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by Anakin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Bought my Z4M back end of October. Never been detailed, had a valet though :lol: Swirl marks galore

Dropped it off at my detailers Cheshire Auto Detailing Knutsford begining of this week (it a non urgent Job as its not beeing used in this weather)

The previous owner had opted for black wheels, not something I like. They were sent of to Prestige wheels at the begining of the week...

Cars not quite ready yet, but will share some more pics once its done. Its getting the Nanolex Si3d treatment !

Last edited by Anakin on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monaco Blue Z4M Roadster & Solar Orange TT RS

JAD

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by JAD » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:43 pm

Anakin wrote:Bought my Z4M back end of October. Never been detailed, had a valet though :lol: Swirl marks galore

Dropped it off at my detailers Cheshire Auto Detailing Knutsford begining of this week (it a non urgent Job as its not beeing used in this weather)

The previous owner had opted for black wheels, not something I like. They were sent of to Prestige wheels at the begining of the week...

Cars not quite ready yet, but will share some more pics once its done. Its getting the Nanolex Si3d treatment !

Pics aren't working fella.

I know those guys - they did some bodywork for my father a while back. Near the skip, opposite the Bentley garage, right? Be interested to see your thoughts.

Anakin

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by Anakin » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:31 pm

No not near the Bentley Garage, other side of town Stanley Road Trading Estate ...

I've been using them for the last 4/5 years , top notch service ! My TT RS was/is detailed and maintained by them.

No sure what happend to the pics though.

Yes I have new rear Disks to go on soon :P

JAD

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by JAD » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Anakin wrote:No not near the Bentley Garage, other side of town Stanley Road Trading Estate ...

I've been using them for the last 4/5 years , top notch service ! My TT RS was/is detailed and maintained by them.

No sure what happend to the pics though.

Yes I have new rear Disks to go on soon :P
Ah beg pardon, I thought you were talking about these guys; https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Che ... 98!6m1!1e1

Anakin

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by Anakin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:43 pm

I have used Cheshire Autobodies in the past too and was very happy with their work ! While were at it Bob Farnons tyres round the corner is also excelent !

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by flimper » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:50 pm

I don't feel quite so bad about my discs now :D How does the M compare with the TTRS, a car that was on my radar but couldn't afford one
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Anakin

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by Anakin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:12 pm

I love my TT RS the engine noise is, dare I say it better than the S54.
As a every day driver (winter driver) its much more civilised. The mag ride is nice soft ride, traction is awesome in all weather. 4 pot brembos upfront do a great job. It goes like a stabbed Rat mine is stage 1 with 414bhp and 430lbs/ft2. Map /Second cat removed and pannel filter
Its very easy to drive fast.

The Z4MR is great fun, sounds good, but you have to drive it with more respect /care. I would rather use the Audi as a daily and the M as a weekend fun car. Very different Car's. I've done less than 1000 miles in the Z so I still need to "learn" it.

The Z4M won't launch as quick but once they are rolling the Z4M doesnt feel a great deal slower than the TT.
The TT RS does 8-10 mpg better on the same run.

I'm lucky to own both :)

P.S. Image

Angelus666

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by Angelus666 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Interesting you views on the TT, I also own both MC and RS (well the missus drives the TT) and agree it's much better daily....but like all Audi's it's a boring drive really, point where you want to go then go fast, almost zero feel to the steering...it does very little for me.

JAD

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by JAD » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:43 am

Angelus666 wrote:Interesting you views on the TT, I also own both MC and RS (well the missus drives the TT) and agree it's much better daily....but like all Audi's it's a boring drive really, point where you want to go then go fast, almost zero feel to the steering...it does very little for me.
Not quite on the same level as the RS, but having gone from an S3 to the Z4M + Daily boring Golf, the S3 was a point and shoot, drive anywhere/anytime/any condition car. But the only excitement I got was launching. With the Zed, it's a joy to drive even on straight roads in the rain. I've never had RWD before and this really is a revelation.

Anakin

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by Anakin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:16 pm

Refurbed wheels put togeather with new OEM center caps and ///M Stickers

is it summer yet ? :P

Angelus666

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by Angelus666 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:28 pm

That's a lovely looking job...who did this for you and how much did it cost?

jamiez

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by jamiez » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:53 am

Anakin wrote:Refurbed wheels put togeather with new OEM center caps and ///M Stickers

is it summer yet ? :P
And what colour did you select? Am looking to get the mrs wheels refurbed on her white x3 - and your colour looks exactly the job!
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

Anakin

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by Anakin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:10 am

http://www.prestigewheels.co.uk/

I'll have to double check the exact colour / price. Cars still at my detailers.

Anakin

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by Anakin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Monaco Blue Roadster

Post by Marlon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:14 pm

Stunning :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85