Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DA pads

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
MartynFrancis

DA pads

Post by MartynFrancis » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:39 pm

So, I bought myself a das6 pro with a 5 and 6" backing plate. I have a few light swirls on the bonnet if you really look close in sunlight, a couple of light scratches and a little scratching on the boot where previous owner rested their bag.
I know to permanently remove I'll need to correct them
For now my plan is to use what I have. I have a bottle of autobrite brilliance which has filling properties and then use their carbanuba wax over the top.
I've previously done everything by hand so machine polishing is a very new thing to me.
So to get down to the question, what pads would be best to use with brilliance, and also how long would the marks remain filled before having to reapply? I'm a weekly washer depending on the weather.
Also if I wanted to do smaller areas, I.e round bumpers, I'm guessing a smaller backing plate and pads?
Really need a shopping list..
Pads for brilliance
Smaller backing plate
Pads for smaller backing plate to use with brilliance

Once I've got the grips of that I'll look at correction pads and compounds.
Thanks in advance
Silver 3.0si auto with flappy paddles and loving it! :driving: MM tips

Sterling grey 2.5i gap tech rch goodyear eagle F1, parrot MKi9100..... Stubby...... Written off :(

lordgrover

DA pads

Post by lordgrover » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm

I'm no expert, but watching YouTube videos I think for small pads you'll need a rotary.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

DA pads

Post by Smartbear » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:39 pm

Microfibre pads to get swirls out of bmw paint, use a polish without fillers for a permanent improvement :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

MartynFrancis

DA pads

Post by MartynFrancis » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Thanks Mr Bear. I'm a big fan of autobrite products. In their next sale I'm going to get their correct it range to permanently remove any defects. Their sale generally bankrupts me! :rofl:
Silver 3.0si auto with flappy paddles and loving it! :driving: MM tips

Sterling grey 2.5i gap tech rch goodyear eagle F1, parrot MKi9100..... Stubby...... Written off :(

scooobydont

DA pads

Post by scooobydont » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:42 am

I would have a read of this (if you havent already), I am in the same boat, still reading up on stuff though.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=63859

There is a DA pad guide here:

http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/buffing ... art-lc.htm