Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Autobrite correct it range

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
MartynFrancis

Post by MartynFrancis » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:26 pm

So Ive taken the plunge, bought a dad 6 pro, and the correct it range from autobrite..
had a play with a Toyota panel today which came out pretty good. Started on speed one to spread then worked the product on speed 4/5.
My car has light swirls and a couple of light scratches. I know the paint is harder but I also have a silver Zed which I find difficult to see the swirls (they are there!).
Should I start with the least abraisive and work through to the most abraisive and then back down again? And what speed would you work the machine on the car?
Silver 3.0si auto with flappy paddles and loving it! :driving: MM tips

Sterling grey 2.5i gap tech rch goodyear eagle F1, parrot MKi9100..... Stubby...... Written off :(

Ben-R

Post by Ben-R » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:56 pm

Definitely start with the least abrasive and see what happens. Though to be fair I used the DA on my Zed with meguiars ultimate compound which I believe has quite a cut. But BMW paint is like armour plating and the swirls are still there! :x

They have improved and it does look better.

Take your time, get a feel for it and work your way up. Time is well spent on a job like this and patience will be rewarded. Well that's what I keep telling myself anyway! :rofl:
E85 3.0i SE Auto
F10 530d SE Auto
MX5 mk1 (with lots of upgrades!)

Previous:
E39 528i
E36 318i