Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bird poo removal

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
dhobbs

Bird poo removal

Post by dhobbs » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:04 pm

How do people get rid of bird poo on their cars?

In between washes i just use water and an old toothbrush to agitate the stuff. Stubborn dried on sh#t i tend to put a wet cloth on top and wait for it to soak in and then rinse off.

Are there any better products or other ideas?
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Bird poo removal

Post by buzyg » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Auto glym Bird Poo wipes. :thumbsup: Alway have then in the boot. Gets cleaned off as soon as I know it's there.

dhobbs

Bird poo removal

Post by dhobbs » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:12 pm

buzyg wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:06 pm Auto glym Bird Poo wipes. :thumbsup: Alway have then in the boot. Gets cleaned off as soon as I know it's there.
Are they any different to normal baby wipes apart from being more expensive. I'm an autoglym fan so may give them a go.
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Bird poo removal

Post by Chris_D » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:13 pm

I keep a spraybottle of water-white vinegar-washing up liquid mix in the boot.
Spray on. Leave a while. Wipe off with a wetwipe, dry, then polish.
:thumbsup:
Got a massive birdpoop burn in the clearcoat that previous owner failed to rectify. Will be polishing it out soon...
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Bird poo removal

Post by buzyg » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:17 pm

dhobbs wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:12 pm
buzyg wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:06 pm Auto glym Bird Poo wipes. :thumbsup: Always have them in the boot. Gets cleaned off as soon as I know it's there.
Are they any different to normal baby wipes apart from being more expensive. I'm an autoglym fan so may give them a go.
I also have a pad of Johnson Baby wipes in the boot. :roll: :wink: They are nothing like them. Much more fluid. :thumbsup:

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Bird poo removal

Post by Ewazix » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 pm

If they are dried on simple hot water & auto shampoo on a micro-fibre cloth works, let it sit in place for a bit and wipe away, great on bugs and flies as well.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

dhobbs

Bird poo removal

Post by dhobbs » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 pm

I was away for three weeks recently and had a mark on the boot, took 20 mins of hand polishing to get rid of the mark. My missus isn't so good at wiping off poo.

dhobbs

Bird poo removal

Post by dhobbs » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:26 pm

Ewazix wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 pm If they are dried on simple hot water & auto shampoo on a micro-fibre cloth works, let it sit in place for a bit and wipe away, great on bugs and flies as well.
Maybe I'll get a spray bottle with some autoglym shampoo ready mixed and use that.

I personally would like to shoot the sea gulls and get rid of the root cause, but some people don't quite like that idea!

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Bird poo removal

Post by buzyg » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:28 pm

dhobbs wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 pm I was away for three weeks recently and had a mark on the boot, took 20 mins of hand polishing to get rid of the mark. My missus isn't so good at wiping off poo.
Garage or cover. :)

Or replace the missus. :wink:

dhobbs

Bird poo removal

Post by dhobbs » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:54 pm

buzyg wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:28 pm
dhobbs wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 pm I was away for three weeks recently and had a mark on the boot, took 20 mins of hand polishing to get rid of the mark. My missus isn't so good at wiping off poo.
Garage or cover. :)

Or replace the missus. :wink:
I think a cover will be the cheapest solution, followed by a garage :D
Replacing the missus will cost an absolute fortune!

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Bird poo removal

Post by firebobby » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Just use a scraper, removes the poo a treat :whistle:
As I live opposite a wood that is a rookery, I need a cover because my Z would would soon change colour with out it. The other cars are wiped off as soon as I spot the poop
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Bird poo removal

Post by Chris_D » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Fred fred fred, why not just let the birds poop all over ur zed? It would be a significant improvement of the paint condition and just think of the tertiary benefits in that no-one will bother keying it, spitting on it, stealing it or using it to ram-raid mike ducklakeviews booze shop....
:thumbsup:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

csm180

Bird poo removal

Post by csm180 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:18 am

I use supaguard bird lime neutraliser . Grest results. Cleaned if the moment i see it. I try never to psrk under trees as sap is even worse. :headbang:
E89 23i pearl black.
E85 Titanium Silver 3.0se sold

b-m-boy

Bird poo removal

Post by b-m-boy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:12 pm

dhobbs wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:26 pm
Ewazix wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 pm If they are dried on simple hot water & auto shampoo on a micro-fibre cloth works, let it sit in place for a bit and wipe away, great on bugs and flies as well.
Maybe I'll get a spray bottle with some autoglym shampoo ready mixed and use that.

I personally would like to shoot the sea gulls and get rid of the root cause, but some people don't quite like that idea!
I'm with you there brother, It's always my car out of about 30 cars in the car park!!
Question....... Does anyone think that these pesky birds are more inclined to poo on any particular colour? or is it just the colour of vehicle you seem to have at the time? I'd be interested to get your opinions.
It's been a couple of days since I've used my car so I think it may be time to head down to the carpark and check my Z and my TT for that horrible stuff.
Also Hi to the Z coupe parked next to my TT & Z4 in Anniesland Glasgow, silver Z coupe, Black TT & my silver Z4 35i is a nice looking trio! :thumbsup:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Bird poo removal

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:18 pm

I use this http://www.supagardshop.co.uk/bird-lime-neutraliser/

I'd only use wipes after the bird dropping has been soaked and is soft.

Tim.