Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car Vacuum

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
AlfaScozzesi

Car Vacuum

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Sun May 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi folks.

Just giving the car a quick clean and the home dyson I am using isn't the best for the small hard to reach places.

In short I want to get a small preferably battery Hoover and wondered if any of you had recommendations of what you use or have seen.

I would much rather take your opinions then a bought and paid for review online.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Car Vacuum

Post by patriot66 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:40 pm

I think you may struggle to find a portable, battery operated vacuum cleaner that is small enough to get in any 'nooks and crannies' and is also powerful enough to do a good, effective job. I have a Numatic Henry that in my opinion is hard to beat...powerful 1200 watt motor, comes with plenty of different tools, robust and only about £100. :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

AlfaScozzesi

Car Vacuum

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Sun May 28, 2017 8:43 pm

Just need some ideas which work really. Portable would be good but usually got the extension lead out for the pressure washer anyway so....

Ideally something with a small flexible hose to get down between the seats etc but as I said just need to see what other folk are using.

Thanks for the reply.

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Car Vacuum

Post by markeg » Sun May 28, 2017 10:11 pm

For the nooks & crannies, something that was recommended previously (by pvr IIRC) was this set:
link
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

AlfaScozzesi

Car Vacuum

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Sun May 28, 2017 10:26 pm

That looks perfect.

LordOxygen

Car Vacuum

Post by LordOxygen » Wed May 31, 2017 1:12 pm

I have one of those £6 kits, work well for getting down the sides of seats.
I also have one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4291688 that lives in the garage, works a treat on the car with the flexible hose. I gave away the hand held one, no where near as good. If you have the space to store it, get a mains powered vac.

nick_l

Car Vacuum

Post by nick_l » Wed May 31, 2017 4:58 pm

My other half bought me one of these for Christmas http://www.gtech.co.uk/gtech-multi-k9.h ... oC3QXw_wcB She also got the car kit which has loads of attachments. Powerfull, lightweight and the one of the attachments is bendy so easy to get in the hard to reach places.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Car Vacuum

Post by buzyg » Wed May 31, 2017 5:17 pm

markeg wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 10:11 pm For the nooks & crannies, something that was recommended previously (by pvr IIRC) was this set:
link
Nice :thumbsup: Just bought on flea Bay, to attach to Hetty. :D

ESP

Car Vacuum

Post by ESP » Wed May 31, 2017 5:34 pm

patriot66 wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:40 pm I think you may struggle to find a portable, battery operated vacuum cleaner that is small enough to get in any 'nooks and crannies' and is also powerful enough to do a good, effective job. I have a Numatic Henry that in my opinion is hard to beat...powerful 1200 watt motor, comes with plenty of different tools, robust and only about £100. :thumbsup:
As above! :thumbsup:
I previously had a HENRY, with various 3rd part tools. Then i ditched it as we became a '4 vacuum cleaner' house (which is just a bit to O,T,T.). Regrettably it was the HENRY that got the chop. In hindsight now nothing does the job as good.
07 Sapphire Black Roadster.

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Car Vacuum

Post by jimbo1958 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:26 pm

markeg wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 10:11 pm For the nooks & crannies, something that was recommended previously (by pvr IIRC) was this set:
link
Brilliant, thanks, just ordered. :thumbsup:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

AlfaScozzesi

Car Vacuum

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Wed May 31, 2017 11:03 pm

I ordered a set as well. Think I am going to order a hand held Dyson v8 as well. A bit dear but the one we have is a bit old.

It is an upright and I am always worried I am going to knock it over onto the car.

ESP

Car Vacuum

Post by ESP » Wed May 31, 2017 11:39 pm

AlfaScozzesi wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 11:03 pm I ordered a set as well. Think I am going to order a hand held Dyson v8 as well. A bit dear but the one we have is a bit old.

It is an upright and I am always worried I am going to knock it over onto the car.
Ahh, see my above post.

I have a 'Dyson V8 Animal' handheld. They are AWESOME and it gets used all the time around the house instead of getting out the upright, BUT i still don't think it quite cuts it on power compared to a HENRY. Plus your limited on charge time with the Dyson. You'll be surprised how long a Z4 can take if your being thorough.

I don't, but If you have a garage or shed, get a used HENRY just for the car. There a bit cumbersome and heavy yes, but a investment if you clean your car yourself a lot.

Stuartt

Car Vacuum

Post by Stuartt » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:38 am

AlfaScozzesi wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 11:03 pm I ordered a set as well. Think I am going to order a hand held Dyson v8 as well. A bit dear but the one we have is a bit old.

We have a handheld Dyson and as said great for quick jobs around the house and the stairs BUT it's pretty useless when it comes to the car tbh, so save your money.

Had a Henry for years for all the "industrial " vacuuming and it was great till it died, replaced it with a cheap wet and dry from screwfix which is ok but not a patch on the Henry but it was half the money and does water should we need it.

Stuart
2004 3.0i SE Roadster , GONE to a good home :thumbsup:
2010 e89 35i Sdrive M sport. GONE for salvage :cry: but has been reborn

2014 e89 35is M-Sport Design Pure Traction 😈😈😈

ESP

Car Vacuum

Post by ESP » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:58 am

JAD

Car Vacuum

Post by JAD » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:39 am

link
Mark, I have been a detailing hobbyist for 12 years. And that link is by far and away the most revolutionary in all that time! Thank you greatly. Those damned tiny specs between the seat runners won't know what has hit them! :thumbsup: