Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello Strangers...

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
JDM

Hello Strangers...

Post by JDM » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:31 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:16 pm
JDM wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 pm Greetings all, Hope you are all well.

Its been a loooooonng time since I have been on here and indeed since I have owned a blue propeller, but after a few ongoing issues with an Audi A7 which I have had for the last 2.5 years, I have recently collected a new F30 335d M Sport and I have to say, it's great to be back on the dark side of German car ownership.

So, I was just browsing at my local BMW dealership and saw the current deals they have on 3 series diesels, got excited and signed on the dotted line for the following:

335d xDrive M Sport Saloon
Estoril Blue
Black Dakota leather with blue stitching
Interior comfort package (heated steering wheel, folding seats, extended storage, heated seats and sliding armrest)
Innovation package (driving assistant, navigation professional, head up display, concierge service, remote service, online entertainment, bluetooth and wireless charging, black panel display full, wifi hotspot prep, speed limit display)
M Sport Plus package (19" double spoke style 442 alloys, M Sport braking system, sun protection glass)
BMW Icon LED adaptive headlights
High Beam Assistant
Harmon Kardon system
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Reversing assist camera
Exterior mirrors - folding with anti dazzle
Electric front seats
Brushed aluminium trim with pearl chrome finisher

I have also opted for the full M performance package with the spoiler, side skirts, front splitter, rear diffuser and the 20" alloy wheels. I had the kit painted in gloss black, which I think really offsets the blue nicely.

So all in all I think it's a nicely specced car..

I've attached a few pics for those interested. I have to say its an absolute hoot to drive and that engine is like some sort of witchcraft. The sound and the pull is incredible for a diesel. The only things I intend to do are possibly lower it slightly (the X drive for some reason dont come with the lowered suspension, even with the adaptive, which is just stupid) and possibly an exhaust conversion to give a single exit pipe either side rather than a twin on the left hand side. To me it just looks like a 320d, the old 335d had one either side.

Anyway, I have rabbited on enough. Hope you are all well and enjoying your Zeds.
Welcome back John.....long time indeed.
New car looks lovely,and these are rather quick.

I wonder where"Brutus" is these days,that was a nice Coupe :thumbsup:

Enjoy the new wheels :driving:
Hi Craig, great to hear from you.

Thanks, I am very impressed with the F30. It's great to be back behind the wheel of a beemer to be honest.

I often wonder about Brutus. Did JaEdBa sell it in the end? I seem to recall a post a few years back about him selling it. I checked the DVLA website only the other week to see if it was still on the road and it appears to be taxed, so at least it's still roaming the streets somewhere. I kick myself all the time for selling it to be honest. I should have kept it as a second car :cry:

Hope all is well with you. Are you still in the interlagos M??
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

JDM

Hello Strangers...

Post by JDM » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:34 pm

ronk wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:58 pm We did a similar move from an Audi A4 3.0l Quattro to a 335xd with the same spec but in Tanzanite Blue - it’s a stunning car an it means I still have a car with similar performance available when the 35is goes into hibernation !

I bought BMW winter wheel and tyre package just to make sure I’m ok for the winter :thumbsup:

It’s a pity that you weren’t able to buy the 5yr service package, Im told that BMW have kicked it into the long grass?
Thank you Ronk. Yes the performance is ridiculous for a diesel. I was reading last week about mapping them and you can get silly figures..

Tanzanite is a lovely colour :thumbsup:

Yes the 5 year service plan is no more, although to be fair I usually only keep cars 2 to 3 years so would only be a benefit to the next owner. :)
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Strangers...

Post by ronk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:52 pm

BC2CC4BD-D044-45FC-85BC-5111326BD197.jpeg
BC2CC4BD-D044-45FC-85BC-5111326BD197.jpeg (165.46 KiB) Viewed 790 times
This was posted on here and it shows the performance quite well! Add the xDrive into the mix and a damp road and there won’t be nearly as much soiled underwear!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Strangers...

Post by craig3.2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:07 pm

JDM wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Its been a loooooonng time since I have been on here and indeed since I have owned a blue propeller, but after a few ongoing issues with an Audi A7 which I have had for the last 2.5 years, I have recently collected a new F30 335d M Sport and I have to say, it's great to be back on the dark side of German car ownership.

So, I was just browsing at my local BMW dealership and saw the current deals they have on 3 series diesels, got excited and signed on the dotted line for the following:

Estoril Blue
Interior comfort package (heated steering wheel, folding seats, extended storage, heated seats and sliding armrest)
Innovation package (driving assistant, navigation professional, head up display, concierge service, remote service, online entertainment, bluetooth and wireless charging, black panel display full, wifi hotspot prep, speed limit display)
M Sport Plus package (19" double spoke style 442 alloys, M Sport braking system, sun protection glass)
High Beam Assistant
Harmon Kardon system
Reversing assist camera
Electric front seats

I have also opted for the full M performance package with the spoiler, side skirts, front splitter, rear diffuser and the 20" alloy wheels. I had the kit painted in gloss black, which I think really offsets the blue nicely.

I've attached a few pics for those interested. I have to say its an absolute hoot to drive and that engine is like some sort of witchcraft. The sound and the pull is incredible for a diesel. The only things I intend to do are possibly lower it slightly (the X drive for some reason dont come with the lowered suspension, even with the adaptive, which is just stupid) and possibly an exhaust conversion to give a single exit pipe either side rather than a twin on the left hand side. To me it just looks like a 320d, the old 335d had one either side.

Anyway, I have rabbited on enough. Hope you are all well and enjoying your Zeds.

Thanks, I am very impressed with the F30. It's great to be back behind the wheel of a beemer to be honest.

I often wonder about Brutus. Did JaEdBa sell it in the end? I seem to recall a post a few years back about him selling it. I checked the DVLA website only the other week to see if it was still on the road and it appears to be taxed, so at least it's still roaming the streets somewhere. I kick myself all the time for selling it to be honest. I should have kept it as a second car :cry:

Yeah,all good thanks.
Still got it,and have a New shape VW Tiguan R line we got in March,2.0tdi 192bhp,which has a decent spec as Standard.....half leather/Alcantara sports seats,Panaromic roof/sunroof,20" alloys and chunky body kit,etc etc all Standard spec....as our family car,shared with the Wife...as we now have a baby boy who is 8months old already,lol.

Still using the z as much as I can, enjoy getting out in it,but it's one Xtreme to the other,ride height wise,lol and the Tiguan is proper 4wheel drive,with selectable terrain modes and adaptive suspension,which we both have in Sport mode,which lowers it's ride height a tad,and we have even used it on bumpy country roads,with suspension up at highest setting,which was surprisingly good.
Having the dsg box in the Tiguan,I sometimes forget to change down or up in the z,lol

Yeah,a 335d may be one for us in years to come, possibly in touring form,when we don't need to cart around as much baby stuff,haha.
They are great cars,and quick too.
Enjoy,and hope to bump into you on the road at some point :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

JaEdBa

Hello Strangers...

Post by JaEdBa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:51 am

JDM wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Estoril Blue
High Beam Assistant
Harmon Kardon system
Reversing assist camera
Electric front seats

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=106687

For sale John, and I’ve kept him in fine fettle.

Had a few attempts to sell over the last few years and I’ve struggled to part with him.

I’m not stalking you btw just recalled you posted a clip of the exhaust somewhere so searched your posts.

Hope you are keeping well.