Hello Strangers...

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
User avatar
JDM
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Hello Strangers...

Post by JDM » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Greetings all, Hope you are all well.

Its been a loooooonng time since I have been on here and indeed since I have owned a blue propeller, but after a few ongoing issues with an Audi A7 which I have had for the last 2.5 years, I have recently collected a new F30 335d M Sport and I have to say, it's great to be back on the dark side of German car ownership.

So, I was just browsing at my local BMW dealership and saw the current deals they have on 3 series diesels, got excited and signed on the dotted line for the following:

335d xDrive M Sport Saloon
Estoril Blue
Black Dakota leather with blue stitching
Interior comfort package (heated steering wheel, folding seats, extended storage, heated seats and sliding armrest)
Innovation package (driving assistant, navigation professional, head up display, concierge service, remote service, online entertainment, bluetooth and wireless charging, black panel display full, wifi hotspot prep, speed limit display)
M Sport Plus package (19" double spoke style 442 alloys, M Sport braking system, sun protection glass)
BMW Icon LED adaptive headlights
High Beam Assistant
Harmon Kardon system
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Reversing assist camera
Exterior mirrors - folding with anti dazzle
Electric front seats
Brushed aluminium trim with pearl chrome finisher

I have also opted for the full M performance package with the spoiler, side skirts, front splitter, rear diffuser and the 20" alloy wheels. I had the kit painted in gloss black, which I think really offsets the blue nicely.

So all in all I think it's a nicely specced car..

I've attached a few pics for those interested. I have to say its an absolute hoot to drive and that engine is like some sort of witchcraft. The sound and the pull is incredible for a diesel. The only things I intend to do are possibly lower it slightly (the X drive for some reason dont come with the lowered suspension, even with the adaptive, which is just stupid) and possibly an exhaust conversion to give a single exit pipe either side rather than a twin on the left hand side. To me it just looks like a 320d, the old 335d had one either side.

Anyway, I have rabbited on enough. Hope you are all well and enjoying your Zeds.
Attachments
IMG_5321.JPG
IMG_5321.JPG (280.51 KiB) Viewed 541 times
IMG_5304.JPG
IMG_5304.JPG (229.28 KiB) Viewed 541 times
IMG_5294.JPG
IMG_5294.JPG (245.09 KiB) Viewed 541 times
IMG_5293.JPG
IMG_5293.JPG (234.94 KiB) Viewed 541 times
IMG_5291.JPG
IMG_5291.JPG (252.91 KiB) Viewed 541 times
Last edited by JDM on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

Image

Online
User avatar
markplant
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sheffield

Hello Strangers...

Post by markplant » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:40 pm

Photo bucket no longer works unless you pay big money, but you can attach pictures directly, there's a button just below the box where you type the text
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

User avatar
JDM
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Hello Strangers...

Post by JDM » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 pm

markplant wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:40 pm
Photo bucket no longer works unless you pay big money, but you can attach pictures directly, there's a button just below the box where you type the text
Thanks for that sir. :thumbsup:
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

Image

Online
User avatar
markplant
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sheffield

Hello Strangers...

Post by markplant » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 pm

JDM wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 pm
markplant wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:40 pm
Photo bucket no longer works unless you pay big money, but you can attach pictures directly, there's a button just below the box where you type the text
Thanks for that sir. :thumbsup:
Not a bother
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

User avatar
pvr
Legend
Legend
Posts: 22162
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: South East UK

Hello Strangers...

Post by pvr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:01 pm

Another Audi victim ..

Welcome back JDM
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5 40d - full fat comfort
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Jeep
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4214
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

Hello Strangers...

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:12 pm

Lovely looking car OP. :thumbsup:

Glad you have managed to escape from VAG! :lol:
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey & 108Ms. Cruise, Storage and pdc. 325ti Sport as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10243
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

Hello Strangers...

Post by buzyg » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:59 pm

A fine DD. :thumbsup:
Image

User avatar
mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:13 pm
Location: Vancouver Island

Hello Strangers...

Post by mcbeee » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:40 am

Nice looking rig, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sold the Boxster, now I have a Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S
8) 8) 8)

User avatar
JDM
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Hello Strangers...

Post by JDM » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks everyone. I have to say it is so involving to drive compared to the Audi. You forget how BMWs really are drivers cars and DDs can be quite fun. I've tried to find some F30 forums but none seem as active or friendly as this place. 😊
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

Image

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4214
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

Hello Strangers...

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:39 pm

JDM wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:19 pm
Thanks everyone. I have to say it is so involving to drive compared to the Audi. You forget how BMWs really are drivers cars and DDs can be quite fun. I've tried to find some F30 forums but none seem as active or friendly as this place.
Yes, I much prefer how BMWs drive to any of their competition. My DD is nothing like yours but it is a BMW and I do enjoy it, although not as much as my Z4! :lol:

This forum is better than any others I have tried, but if you're going to stay around you may want to change your signature! :)
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey & 108Ms. Cruise, Storage and pdc. 325ti Sport as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

User avatar
jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6141
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:49 pm
X-Box live gamer tag: jimbo1958
Location: Romancing Your Mum

Hello Strangers...

Post by jimbo1958 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:58 pm

Welcome back John. :thumbsup:
"There are fewer more distressing sights than that,Of an Englishman in a baseball cap
And we'll die in the class we were born,Well that's a class of our own my love."

IRD
Member
Member
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:41 pm

Hello Strangers...

Post by IRD » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Lovely looking car. We bought a 330d MSport Touring a few weeks ago and absolutely love it.
4C7EE747-880E-427C-8FEF-6DA602FF8562.jpeg
4C7EE747-880E-427C-8FEF-6DA602FF8562.jpeg (380.06 KiB) Viewed 425 times
AB2FE3CD-B987-4EA6-AE57-060A235FDCCB.jpeg
AB2FE3CD-B987-4EA6-AE57-060A235FDCCB.jpeg (451.32 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Even the dogs love it.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:36 pm
Location: Ayrshire,Scotland

Hello Strangers...

Post by craig3.2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:16 pm

JDM wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 pm
Greetings all, Hope you are all well.

Its been a loooooonng time since I have been on here and indeed since I have owned a blue propeller, but after a few ongoing issues with an Audi A7 which I have had for the last 2.5 years, I have recently collected a new F30 335d M Sport and I have to say, it's great to be back on the dark side of German car ownership.

So, I was just browsing at my local BMW dealership and saw the current deals they have on 3 series diesels, got excited and signed on the dotted line for the following:

335d xDrive M Sport Saloon
Estoril Blue
Black Dakota leather with blue stitching
Interior comfort package (heated steering wheel, folding seats, extended storage, heated seats and sliding armrest)
Innovation package (driving assistant, navigation professional, head up display, concierge service, remote service, online entertainment, bluetooth and wireless charging, black panel display full, wifi hotspot prep, speed limit display)
M Sport Plus package (19" double spoke style 442 alloys, M Sport braking system, sun protection glass)
BMW Icon LED adaptive headlights
High Beam Assistant
Harmon Kardon system
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Reversing assist camera
Exterior mirrors - folding with anti dazzle
Electric front seats
Brushed aluminium trim with pearl chrome finisher

I have also opted for the full M performance package with the spoiler, side skirts, front splitter, rear diffuser and the 20" alloy wheels. I had the kit painted in gloss black, which I think really offsets the blue nicely.

So all in all I think it's a nicely specced car..

I've attached a few pics for those interested. I have to say its an absolute hoot to drive and that engine is like some sort of witchcraft. The sound and the pull is incredible for a diesel. The only things I intend to do are possibly lower it slightly (the X drive for some reason dont come with the lowered suspension, even with the adaptive, which is just stupid) and possibly an exhaust conversion to give a single exit pipe either side rather than a twin on the left hand side. To me it just looks like a 320d, the old 335d had one either side.

Anyway, I have rabbited on enough. Hope you are all well and enjoying your Zeds.
Welcome back John.....long time indeed.
New car looks lovely,and these are rather quick.

I wonder where"Brutus" is these days,that was a nice Coupe :thumbsup:

Enjoy the new wheels :driving:
Image
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Online
User avatar
jabber
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1002
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:23 am
Location: Hampshire

Hello Strangers...

Post by jabber » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:39 am

Fantastic looking car
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg
15 F23 220d lux convertible silver auto

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7990
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Hello Strangers...

Post by ronk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:58 pm

We did a similar move from an Audi A4 3.0l Quattro to a 335xd with the same spec but in Tanzanite Blue - it’s a stunning car an it means I still have a car with similar performance available when the 35is goes into hibernation !

I bought BMW winter wheel and tyre package just to make sure I’m ok for the winter :thumbsup:

It’s a pity that you weren’t able to buy the 5yr service package, Im told that BMW have kicked it into the long grass?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing !
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austin, Vornwend and 9 guests