Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What replaced the z4?

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
RJS-Z4

What replaced the z4?

Post by RJS-Z4 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:26 pm

pvr wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:58 am All depends on the total number of miles you do per year really (and company allowance).

With the miles I do, I am going big engine for the X5 replacement as well. Overall increase in annual fuel is probably a few hundred or so.
Yeah I'm covering quite a few business miles (about 8k or so), so a lot of the fuel is covered.
Titanium Silver E85 Mods Done - 224's, Stubby, Amarone //M seats, ZHP, Retrofitted Wind Deflector, Aux In

brightonbimmer

What replaced the z4?

Post by brightonbimmer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:02 pm

When you consider all the other expenses, such as depreciation, insurance, maintenance in particular, you will find that fuel may be the least of your worries if mileage is fairly low. I have two other cars which share the mileage, although the Honda Civic does not see much use during the summer - it is for rainy days and wintertime. On my way home from purchasing the M6, I averaged 20 mpg, but have not come near that since, possibly because the novelty has not yet worn off for the results of depressing both the "M" button and the accelerator. The car tells me that it is using 18 L per 100 Km, but I put it away for winter storage before verifying recent fuel consumption. Also, I have been using Shell V-Power premium, which sells at a higher price than the premium which I use in the Miata. The Civic gets about 40 mpg or better on the cheapest gas available. (below 7.0 L per 100 KM on the highway.)
Current cars: 2013 Honda Civic EX (daily driver, 55,000 KM) + 2003 Mazda MX-5 SE (Titanium Grey, with 22,000 KM) + 2006 BMW M6 (Indianapolis Red Metallic, just turned 67,000 KM)
First sports car was 1963 Morgan 4/4 in 1964.Image

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

What replaced the z4?

Post by mcbeee » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:11 pm

I always thought the 6 series was the best looking of the bunch, even tested an M6 convertible, almost bought a used coupe in Arizona...... beautiful cars, a bit bargy to drive and very expensive to run. so I bought a 911. I'd still like a 645 ..... :D
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

RJS-Z4

What replaced the z4?

Post by RJS-Z4 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:23 pm

brightonbimmer wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:02 pm When you consider all the other expenses, such as depreciation, insurance, maintenance in particular, you will find that fuel may be the least of your worries if mileage is fairly low. I have two other cars which share the mileage, although the Honda Civic does not see much use during the summer - it is for rainy days and wintertime. On my way home from purchasing the M6, I averaged 20 mpg, but have not come near that since, possibly because the novelty has not yet worn off for the results of depressing both the "M" button and the accelerator. The car tells me that it is using 18 L per 100 Km, but I put it away for winter storage before verifying recent fuel consumption. Also, I have been using Shell V-Power premium, which sells at a higher price than the premium which I use in the Miata. The Civic gets about 40 mpg or better on the cheapest gas available. (below 7.0 L per 100 KM on the highway.)
Well on this particular car I got a seriously good deal, so I'm hoping my biggest worry is fuel... It's been maintained to a ridiculous level and everything was done not long before I bought it. I hope to do an oil service at BMW at that's it. I am to sell it in the semmer once I've had it about 14 months or so and not lose a great deal!
mcbeee wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:11 pm I always thought the 6 series was the best looking of the bunch, even tested an M6 convertible, almost bought a used coupe in Arizona...... beautiful cars, a bit bargy to drive and very expensive to run. so I bought a 911. I'd still like a 645 ..... :D
Isn't the 645 more problematic from an engine point of view than the 650? Feel free to correct me! I'd bloody love a 911, I just can't afford one that doesn't go Bang... I considered a 997 c2s before this, almost bought it, sent it in for an independent inspection and the engine was starting to knock (suspected bore scoring). Put me right off them, and I can't afford a 997.2 :-(
Titanium Silver E85 Mods Done - 224's, Stubby, Amarone //M seats, ZHP, Retrofitted Wind Deflector, Aux In

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

What replaced the z4?

Post by mcbeee » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:58 pm

I never investigated the engines in the 6series much, just thought they were pretty cars and I didn’t need a big engine.
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)