Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What does everyone think of this one?

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Re: What does everyone think of this one?

Post by Rick Hunter » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:56 pm

Veruca wrote:I have loved the elise since day 1 and loved it even more after driving and hearing it. Had my husband not found the M on swapalease.com when he did I would be driving a lotus now. I was lurking around on the motorcars of georgia website today and saw this one. My husband absolutely hates it, but I kind of like it. What do you all think?? I prefer the elise in white or charcoal but hmmmm black is always nice. Please don't tell my car that I have been looking at or even thinking of another car, she would get jealous. :oops:
That, my dear, is an Exige. Hardcore track car! :driving:

I guess if you're the driver, this car would be absolutely fun. Dunno about it being a daily driver, though. I've seen a blue Elise around my neighbourhood several times now, so I guess the owner does use it as a DD.

Don't pick your date up in a Lotus, though... they'll hate you for the jarring ride and difficulty in squeezing into the miniature car. :o
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

Veruca

Post by Veruca » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:31 pm

Okay Rick. Crashing and burning again. It's an 07 elise. I can see how the back would be deceiving. But just in case you don't believe me. http://motorcars-of-georgia.ebizautos.c ... 46440.html

When I was looking at getting one everyone kept saying the same things that you guys have said. I was coming out of an 03 S2000 which as far as luxuries go is < than the elise. At the time I wanted something that was faster and had more torque - in my case it would be any torque before 7500 rpm. I'm 26, 5'7", and I weigh 105 lbs - getting in an out of the Elise is no problem for me. The engine is absolutely nothing to look at and I was unimpressed that the dealer was stupid enough to blurt out while I was looking at it that "well, it's nothing more than a celica gt motor turned sideways." Ugh. But I love the way that car sounds. As far as i'm concerned (having not tracked it) that is the only thing the elise has on the M.

Rick, if she doesn't like you because you picked her up in the lotus, kick her to the curb. :) And if she doesn't like your coupe - you need to start rethinking where you're picking up girls.

BTW - I can't believe how many responses I got to this. LOL I was fiddling with the nav all night last night. I'll post it on the DIY nav upgrade thread after I take pictures. I think I woke up the whole neighborhood last night at about 1:30 a.m. I got it to work and I was screaming and laughing in the car, in the garage. My husband could hear me in the house. I'm so proud of it!

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:02 pm

Well... I stand corrected. :) I got fooled by the tires on the car, as those are the stickier type that comes with the Exige (I think...).

BTW, cracking advice! Fortunately, my girl loves me for me and not my car. And she doesn't like my M Coupé (too jarring)... :lol:
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

Veruca

Post by Veruca » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:38 pm

Good point.

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:15 am

During a discussion of the South ATL Z4 owners group, this topic came up, it pretty much came down to if you enjoy driving a track car ALL the time. The Lotus is a track car all the way around, and if you want any comforts for longer trips look elsewhwere. If I wanted another car with this type of ride and comfort level, I would have stuck with my MINI Cooper S and stuck a turbo on it to match the HP :poke: There are a few MINI's running around with 300+HP :wink:
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

Yal

Post by Yal » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:02 pm

That pic at the top reminds me of going to college in the early 80s. Seemed like every Iranian around had a black Trans Am with all the gold accents.