Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Picture request!!

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
mplaczek

Picture request!!

Post by mplaczek » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi Peeps,

I have a quick request.

I currently restoring a 1967 mustang. It is not a numbers matching car and is not entirely original... meaning my hands are not tied :D
I've been thinking about colours for the car and I'm trying to find something similar to the original paint, but I wanted to lift it a little with something perhaps a shade lighter or a nats more metallic to show off the curves of the car better. It was originally a rather flat nightmist blue.

Anyhow, I've been told to keep an eye out for colours that I think would be suitable and I saw a Z4 coupe this evening that looked pretty darn good. Unfortunately, it seems the Z4 have quite a selection of dark blues and I have no idea which it was :cry: ! Can I see some pics of the Midnight blue metallic, Monaco blue and the Montego blue???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Here is a pic of the car before the restoration began... don't be fooled by the pretty paintwork... it was hiding a great many horrors....

:thumbsup:

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Picture request!!

Post by WLH » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:54 pm

I moved this to "Other Marques"...

Take a look at this thread on the E-90 Forum....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244

Hope this helps... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

ay8306

Post by ay8306 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:20 am

mplaczek, I love your car! :thumbsup:

Having had the pleasure of starting a restoration on a '67 fassback some years ago, I know how many horros can be lurking underneath the skin. I never got the car completely back together and I sold it when I moved some years back. I would love to see more pictures and hear what you have done with the car.
2006 Z4 3.0si Sapphire Black/Dream Red

mplaczek

Post by mplaczek » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:07 am

Thanks for the link WLH :thumbsup: , and thanks for the complement ay8306! :D

I wish I could say that I was doing the restoration myself. I had the car checked out and there were several major safety concerns... I wanted this car to be safe and reliable from my family and I was not sure I trusted myself with some of the major work... additionally, my situation at home leaves me with very little time. So... if I wanted to have my dream car realized in my lifetime, safe, reliable for all my family to enjoy... I took her to the http://www.mustangworkshop.co.uk I have a little restoration diary that should answer any questions... enjoy the read! When I bought her she was partially done up like the Shelby... I intend to complete the GT500 recreation even down to the engine... keeping the styling classic and correct.

Here is the link: http://web.mac.com/mark.placzek/Mustang ... lcome.html

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:23 pm

Will be a beauty when it is done! Love the old Mustang body style 8)
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M