Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

new coupe arives Thursday

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:56 am

BMWZ4MC wrote:I've only had one vag. Whilst it was pretty enough to look at and it was absolutely lovely inside, I just couldn't rely on it to get me there most of the time. I had more breakdowns than I care to remember... :P
Really? Our mk1 TT was like that woeful car. But we have had no issues at all with the last one.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:32 pm

My post was meant to be a double entendre (vag makes me giggle like a school boy), but it also described my Mk I TT perfectly. I made in excess of £15K in warranty claims and there were still problems with it when I part exchanged it for my Zed.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:41 pm

Never thought about that one BMWZ4MC :rofl:

I have always had VW / Audis since I was 18, and touch wood - they have all been brilliant. Currently, I have the Audi A3 and the Golf Clipper, with the Golf being 23 years old and never has missed a beat. The Audi is a bit dull, but does it's job very nice with a gearbox that BMW could learn something from.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:44 pm

Well it's almost time to pick the new car up. It really is like an early Christmas present!! I hope I get some sleep!!
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:56 pm

Machine monkey wrote:Well it's almost time to pick the new car up. It really is like an early Christmas present!! I hope I get some sleep!!
Lucky lad Mat , new car + new baby in 1 year :wink: still no sleep tonight though :oops:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo