Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

jap turbo muscle

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Jaw

jap turbo muscle

Post by Jaw » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:08 pm

After toying with the idea of modding the M, I realised that I probably wouldnt end up tracking it thus defeating the point

So I've gone full circle and bought the one car I regretted selling 7 years ago - a toyota supra

It's running a 2JZ Twin turbo lump through a 5 speed box.

Have started removing the engine today for a rebuild, hoping to end up around the 700 bhp mark on some solid suspension. Can't wait to get stuck in!
Last edited by Jaw on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage

sw4nny

Re: jap turbo muscle

Post by sw4nny » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Nice little project,
I Do have a soft spot the jap (fast and furious type )cars,
Like the over the top graphics body kits etc.
Keep us updated on progress :thumbsup:
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Your going to have fun with that. Keep us informed :thumbsup:

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:29 pm

I miss my old twin turbo Supra, wish I still had it :cry:
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:38 am

Russ59 wrote:I miss my old twin turbo Supra, wish I still had it :cry:
:lol: exactly how I ended up with this one to be honest. Had one 7 years ago and missed it ever since. I love my M, but it doesn't have the punch you in the head acceleration that my old 450bhp supe had. It is however modern, still gorgeous and makes me smile every drive that said. But I summed it out to $38k to get the BMW to where I want as a minimum; up against about $7k on the supra. Not to mention that whereas I bought the supra for next to nothing, Z's hold a premium here so I'd be constantly holding back at the track,Worrying about replacing the supersports or servicing etc.
sw4nny wrote:Nice little project,
I Do have a soft spot the jap (fast and furious type )cars,
Like the over the top graphics body kits etc.
Keep us updated on progress :thumbsup:
Likewise although I like the slicker, subtle but notably still jap look. Will have to find an example of what I mean :lol:
buzyg wrote:Your going to have fun with that. Keep us informed :thumbsup:
Will do - It's such a nice change to have a MASSIVE optionlist when it comes to aftermarket parts. Big brake kits, seats, suspension, turbos, all coming in under a grand each.

This is how she arrived

E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage

mk1rob

Post by mk1rob » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:44 pm

one of my all time Favorite cars especially with a 2jz awesome engine. have fun :driving:
Bmw z4 3.0i sterling gray

Havard

Post by Havard » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:17 pm

This thread is not helping with my dilemma.

Currently got this on my drive and I have a feeling I am going to regret letting her go. She is auto though and I want a manual.

Currently looking at a Z4 35i manual. Not sure if she will fill the Supra's boots to be honest.

H.
ImageImage

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:36 pm

mk1rob wrote:one of my all time Favorite cars especially with a 2jz awesome engine. have fun :driving:
cheers :D likewise I peaked too early having one of these when I was 18 which had about 415 bhp - nothing has come close since except for the z4m which is the only car I've owned for longer than 8 months in the last 8 years since selling it and even now I've been getting the itch to mod/sell it :lol:
Havard wrote:This thread is not helping with my dilemma.

Currently got this on my drive and I have a feeling I am going to regret letting her go. She is auto though and I want a manual.

Currently looking at a Z4 35i manual. Not sure if she will fill the Supra's boots to be honest.

H.
I regretted letting mine go MASSIVELY, a combination of pressure from the ex at the time and money. I was in the same dilemma and wanted a manual - hence the build! I'm just about to buy a brand new 6 speed box to put in her amongst other things hoping it will be my dream supra :)

That looks really tidy, I love the colour

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:12 am

my last supra - looked stunning after it was resprayed in bmw carbon black

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:17 am

Havard wrote: Currently looking at a Z4 35i manual. Not sure if she will fill the Supra's boots to be honest.
H.
Keep the Toyota. The 35i is a completely different car to an old school rocket.

Havard

Post by Havard » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Maniac wrote:
Havard wrote: Currently looking at a Z4 35i manual. Not sure if she will fill the Supra's boots to be honest.
H.
Keep the Toyota. The 35i is a completely different car to an old school rocket.
I need to get a test drive somewhere. The Supra is great and an iconic car but the ride does little for me, especially on A & B roads, twisties etc.

I could look at her all day though as I have never owned a car as good looking. I want something a little more fun, not particularly quick, just fun with a tiny bit of practicality.

H.
ImageImage

NeilP

Post by NeilP » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:04 pm

How are you getting around the Aussie plod?

From what I've seen from Mighty Car Mods, they're not too lenient on modified cars

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:06 pm

My old sexy beast.

2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

Havard

Post by Havard » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Russ59 wrote:My old sexy beast.

That looks tidy. NA or TT?
ImageImage

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Havard wrote:
Russ59 wrote:My old sexy beast.

That looks tidy. NA or TT?

TT of course :)
It was a very tidy car and great to drive.
A guy from Sweden bought it from me without even seeing it first, he drove it all the way back at 15 to the gallon, they are a thirsty car.