Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

jap turbo muscle

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Havard

Re: jap turbo muscle

Post by Havard » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Russ59 wrote:
Havard wrote:
Russ59 wrote:My old sexy beast.

That looks tidy. NA or TT?

TT of course :)
It was a very tidy car and great to drive.
A guy from Sweden bought it from me without even seeing it first, he drove it all the way back at 15 to the gallon, they are a thirsty car.
15? :o

My TT gets about 15 around town but on a run she is about 23 - 25. I did have a white NA originally and loved the car to bits as it was manual. I think I made a bit of a mistake not going TT manual but when the car came up in Japan for sale, I just had to have it. I assume you are on Mkivsupra.net?
ImageImage

LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer

Post by LeeZ4MR » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Russ59 wrote:
Havard wrote:

A guy from Sweden bought it from me without even seeing it first, he drove it all the way back at 15 to the gallon, they are a thirsty car.
Lovely motor :thumbsup: I have always lusted after a UK model TT with leather and a manual gearbox...a proper beast of a car 8) not to mention their tuning potential :driving:
Current...BMW F82 M4 Coupe 2018
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022
Caterham 7 2002

Previous...
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Havard..... Yes I'm on mkivsupra.net although not been on for a good while.
Username z4russ but previously soaruss
Just read my old thread when I sold it :cry:
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

Havard

Post by Havard » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:38 pm

Russ59 wrote:Havard..... Yes I'm on mkivsupra.net although not been on for a good while.
Username z4russ but previously soaruss
Just read my old thread when I sold it :cry:
I remember Soaruss on there. I have been on since 2006 and have over 30k posts. Anyone would think I had nothing better to do.... :oops:
ImageImage

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:06 pm

Still looks totally modern and aw inspiring. 8)

I remember the first time I saw one. It was a black one sat 10ft up, on a flying display stand, outside the local dealer. I had a, 60 bhp, Nissan Cherry, at the time. The Supra just look like a cross between Concord and the Bat mobile. Fantastic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Having said all that, I took one out for a test drive, back when I had my Fiat Coupe & it felt huge and lumbering in comparison. I'll take the pin up. :thumbsup:

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:20 am

Russ59 wrote:
Havard wrote:

Think I remember reading a similar thread on MKIV? Deffo thirsty if you're pushing them, I got around that on the autobhan at an indicated 170 :driving:
NeilP wrote:How are you getting around the Aussie plod?

From what I've seen from Mighty Car Mods, they're not too lenient on modified cars
They're aweful by all accounts - moreso on 'lesser' cars - They don't get bothered in the Z4M, would think the supra would attach the attention more owing a lot to the kids who run non turboswith silly bodykits etc - they tend to target more 'sheddy' cars though. A lot of it is to do with the attitude test tbh - pulled over in shorts and a cap and being annoyed about it and you're gonna cop it more than getting pulled over in a suit and smiling politely. I tend to drive sensibly on the road too which fires them up less. I'm thinking of going the route of having engineers certs done which isn't cheap but if it keeps me compliant so be it. It's laregely going to be a track car, and I won't be running it day to day - going to add harnesses but retain the seatbelts, not get too carried away with bodykits or lowering.
Havard wrote:
15? :o

My TT gets about 15 around town but on a run she is about 23 - 25. I did have a white NA originally and loved the car to bits as it was manual. I think I made a bit of a mistake not going TT manual but when the car came up in Japan for sale, I just had to have it. I assume you are on Mkivsupra.net?
Think that was my old one generally - only time it dipped below that on a run was with serious footdownage. Made it from reading to birmingham in some silly times at times!
buzyg wrote: Still looks totally modern and aw inspiring. 8)

I remember the first time I saw one. It was a black one sat 10ft up, on a flying display stand, outside the local dealer. I had a, 60 bhp, Nissan Cherry, at the time. The Supra just look like a cross between Concord and the Bat mobile. Fantastic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Having said all that, I took one out for a test drive, back when I had my Fiat Coupe & it felt huge and lumbering in comparison. I'll take the pin up. :thumbsup:
Yeah they're deffo more GT than nimble sports car out of the box, despite the big ish brakes and big power (I read that the supra brakes for a good few years pulled more G's on operation than any others in a production car). Planning to make mine pretty firm on the road and sacrifice a soft ride for brutal handling. Added to some carbon panels, lighter interior and wheels etc I'm hoping it should transform the character of it somewhat.
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Here's the thread I posted when I sold it.
It hurts me to read it now :cry: :cry:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread ... -new-owner

And a video of the new owner in Sweden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm-lDD0 ... ture=feedf
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

dazols

Post by dazols » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:15 pm

Its the only jap car I would go back to now. But I do miss my celica.

Havard

Post by Havard » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:28 pm

dazols wrote:Its the only jap car I would go back to now. But I do miss my celica.
Had 3 Celicas, all stupidly reliable. Both Supras have been pretty steady too considering their age.

Although, looking at the number of recalls, Mr T is not what he was.

H.
ImageImage

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:45 pm

first time I've gutted a car - not bad for a couple of day's work :D

it begins...

E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage

bradmarsh1989

Post by bradmarsh1989 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:07 pm

OMG I am in heaven! 8)

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:45 pm

bradmarsh1989 wrote:OMG I am in heaven! 8)
This thread is just made for El Taco. :D
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:53 pm

jimbo1958 wrote:
bradmarsh1989 wrote:OMG I am in heaven! 8)
This thread is just made for El Taco. :D
:lol: the infamous..

Interior stripped. Dash about to come out and get an alcantara covering, heater and aircon about to be removed..

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:59 pm

thought I'd post up some progress since I randomly stumbled across this again.

Interior stripped, carpet refitted in a sort of 911 GT3 minimalist style

Progressing well, sprayed it in plastidip for now - it'l likely stay that way for some time until I decide what I'm going to do for a road car.

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:02 pm