Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Toyota Supra V8 build

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:33 pm

john-e89 wrote:
Machine monkey wrote:
Hopefully after my daughter is born i will find some time to get all the jobs done to my car. The list is growing. And i am really fancing similar levels of customization in my car.

:rofl: Oh how I enjoy the words of a yet to be father that holds onto some mad notion that life will somehow still have some normality....

You're not the first and you won't be the last Matt, we all thought it before the event... :D

Joking apart you'll love it................(sort of....) :wink:
Ah man say it aint so John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by john-e89 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:44 pm

Machine monkey wrote:
john-e89 wrote:
Machine monkey wrote:
Hopefully after my daughter is born i will find some time to get all the jobs done to my car. The list is growing. And i am really fancing similar levels of customization in my car.

:rofl: Oh how I enjoy the words of a yet to be father that holds onto some mad notion that life will somehow still have some normality....

You're not the first and you won't be the last Matt, we all thought it before the event... :D

Joking apart you'll love it................(sort of....) :wink:
Never mind supra gearboxes etc, you need to be machining some fancy alloy polished up aero shaped eye lid props, you'll get so much more use out of those my friend... :wink: :lol:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:44 pm

john-e89 wrote:
Machine monkey wrote:
john-e89 wrote:
Never mind supra gearboxes etc, you need to be machining some fancy alloy polished up aero shaped eye lid props, you'll get so much more use out of those my friend... :wink: :lol:
What have i done!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

JINGLE

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by JINGLE » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Machine monkey wrote: How was Spa Jingle? Hopefully this weekend it should be all but done. Its entered into a hill climb event on the 17-18th
It was an awesome weekend, and only minimal rubbing with a full boot haha! Have some 255/30/19 on the way as we speak so should sort that out once and for all (already got new wheel arch liner ready to go on aswell)

Good luck with the hill climb! Will look out for some photos/vids of it :)

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:56 am

JINGLE wrote:
Machine monkey wrote: How was Spa Jingle? Hopefully this weekend it should be all but done. Its entered into a hill climb event on the 17-18th
It was an awesome weekend, and only minimal rubbing with a full boot haha! Have some 255/30/19 on the way as we speak so should sort that out once and for all (already got new wheel arch liner ready to go on aswell)

Good luck with the hill climb! Will look out for some photos/vids of it :)
I bet it was a great time. Its is on my bucket list. 255s will fit better buddy :thumbsup:
It looks like we have a lot of work to do before we get there!!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:15 am

It went off to be tuned Saturday. 280 BHP and 290 ftlb we are quite happy with that.

Rich61

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Rich61 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:07 am

Hi had a Soarer 2.5 TT awesome car debadged no one new what it was.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:13 pm

I am looking forward to starting work on our white v8 soarer next. Once thats driving and passed an MOT my z4 work can start if i get time.

They are a big old beast of a car!!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:14 pm

I am getting very tempted to put the v8 from the soarer in my z4!!

Russ59

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Russ59 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:29 pm

Rich61 wrote:Hi had a Soarer 2.5 TT awesome car debadged no one new what it was.

This was my 2.5 TT

2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Grumpyowl » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:38 pm

Machine monkey wrote:I am getting very tempted to put the v8 from the soarer in my z4!!

When are you starting.
V8 burble from a Z4 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:40 pm

Very nice cars guys :thumbsup:

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Grumpyowl wrote:
Machine monkey wrote:I am getting very tempted to put the v8 from the soarer in my z4!!

When are you starting.
I am very tempted. The gearbox we know we can do. We are working out if my new clutch would work. Engine mounts won't be a problem it will fit. Exhaust might be tricky. It dose not weigh much more and is shorter than the 6 so the weight is more central.

I will be using a standalone ECU if I turbo and the turbo and this would cost about the same? And at 280 Bhp and 290 ftlbs and then a blower 500 ish of each!!

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Grumpyowl » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:47 pm

Machine monkey wrote:
Grumpyowl wrote:

When are you starting.
I am very tempted. The gearbox we know we can do. We are working out if my new clutch would work. Engine mounts won't be a problem it will fit. Exhaust might be tricky. It dose not weigh much more and is shorter than the 6 so the weight is more central.

I will be using a standalone ECU if I turbo and the turbo and this would cost about the same? And at 280 Bhp and 290 ftlbs and then a blower 500 ish of each!!
I don't think you've much choice now :)
New thread MM's Z4 V8 build :thumbsup:

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:56 pm

Grumpyowl wrote:
Machine monkey wrote:
Grumpyowl wrote:

When are you starting.

I don't think you've much choice now :)
New thread MM's Z4 V8 build :thumbsup:
MM's charity thread so he can build his V8!!