Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Toyota Supra V8 build

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:32 pm

Flyingfifer wrote:
bmwaddict wrote:Sounds fantastic! Very envious of having the time/space/skills/funds for a project like this!
+1
Supra is my all time fav car, its the dream car and while I may prefer the 2JZ I appreciate this project for what it is! One day I will have my own!!
Damn fine work dude, keep it up! :bow:

They are great and there are some bargains out there. As long as you dont mind a bit of graft!!

The 2jz is a peach of an engine. The reason we went 1j is just cost.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Mon May 16, 2016 12:10 pm

Its been a while. I haven't done any work on this or mine for so very long it feels.
Any way i got my weekends worth of jobs done. The ever beautiful and lovely Mrs Monkey has been making sure i dont get bored recently :) :rofl:

Any way the Gearbox was back from a rebuild. And as i had a spare hour or two to kill. We decided to fit it and see what our next problem would be............. Any way after much faffing with the Tilton paddle clutch its on. It engages and even goes back in to neutral... So as far as we can tell it works. New prop shaft is on order. I am making a linkage and mount this week. Then all we need is a bracket for the fly by wire go pedal. It feels like its close now. Chris is going to be finishing most of this off now.

Next job is to supercharge the soarer..................
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Russ59

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Russ59 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:31 pm

Machine monkey wrote:Its been a while. I haven't done any work on this or mine for so very long it feels.
Any way i got my weekends worth of jobs done. The ever beautiful and lovely Mrs Monkey has been making sure i dont get bored recently :) :rofl:

Any way the Gearbox was back from a rebuild. And as i had a spare hour or two to kill. We decided to fit it and see what our next problem would be............. Any way after much faffing with the Tilton paddle clutch its on. It engages and even goes back in to neutral... So as far as we can tell it works. New prop shaft is on order. I am making a linkage and mount this week. Then all we need is a bracket for the fly by wire go pedal. It feels like its close now. Chris is going to be finishing most of this off now.

You have a Soarer too :thumbsup: any pics?
I had a Soarer TT before my Supra. 2 cars I wish I still had.
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Mon May 16, 2016 2:12 pm

I had a Soarer TT before my Supra. 2 cars I wish I still had.[/quote]

No pics i will get some next time i am over there. Its not in the best of condition at the moment. We have coil overs and the old adjustable arms off the supra (Chris has up rated much of the stuff that was on that) We will be tidying it a bit probably give it a quick blast over respray the supercharger some wheel manual conversion and a race seat = Drift car :thumbsup:

K3RT

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by K3RT » Tue May 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Great read! Luck forward to any future updates :thumbsup: also I wish I had your skill set :D

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Wed May 18, 2016 10:50 am

K3RT wrote:Great read! Luck forward to any future updates :thumbsup: also I wish I had your skill set :D
I wish i could say it was all down to me. But Chris is the brains behind the mechanics. I am the brains behind the fabrication. Between us we scrap by.

Mister T

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Mister T » Wed May 18, 2016 11:04 am

Machine monkey wrote: Next job is to supercharge the soarer..................
Another interesting little project :) You going with a Jag M112?

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Wed May 18, 2016 11:09 am

Mister T wrote:
Machine monkey wrote: Next job is to supercharge the soarer..................
Another interesting little project :) You going with a Jag M112?
Yep :) :D

We even have an aluminum intake maifold. So we will coppy it for the supra and just make a mounting plate for the S/C for the soarer. There is a cheap ecu being lined for it at the moment.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:27 am

Its getting close now. Final lines being made up and suspension back on. All the rear arms have been replaced. And it should be getting aligned this week.

The bracket for the throttle pedal is in and working. So it will also hopefully be heading to a friend and his rolling road for the map this week.

Clutch line was made and all seems to be functioning well. The gear shift leaver will be going in this week. Oil cooler brackets will be made so that can go in. Power steering reservoir and pipe work has been adapted so that can also go in.

Chris is off this week and is working hard. The exhaust needs making and the bonnet needs cutting so it will close. If all these things get done it will be heading to the Japaneses car show at santa pod this weekend.

On its wheels at last.

It still needs lots of paint and final fitting. But it really is very close now. Should be ready in time to start my car over the winter.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:09 am

Russ59 wrote:
Machine monkey wrote:Its been a while. I haven't done any work on this or mine for so very long it feels.

I had a Soarer TT before my Supra. 2 cars I wish I still had.
Soarer pictures. Its bog standard at the minute. But we are amassing bits.
We have coil overs adjustable arms and a manual gear box to go in it. We are using the same BMW box in this. I have made the linkage up already. Waiting on a clutch. And we have a borrowed manifold for a m112 S/C witch we will be copying and sticking on it. Then when we have time it will be striped and painted to match the other blue workshop cars.

Worcester_spoon

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Worcester_spoon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:45 am

Not jealous, honest.
03 Z4R 3.0i/Silver/custom quad/330d brake upgrade/LSD/G-Power supercharger/FIC 365cc injectors/Severn Tuning map

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:56 am

Worcester_spoon wrote:Not jealous, honest.
He he i know its quite a set up we have there now. Its changed loads since you where last over.

As for your exhaust............ Soon we have an electrician booked in beginning of next month to wire in all the machines. and the Supra will be off the ramp. So early August we will get you over and sort the exhaust for you.

Jaw

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Jaw » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:13 pm

argh - I love soarers almost as much as I love supras.

Mine was a 1j rather than v8, but great for some easily accesible horses! what're your plans with the soarer?
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Jaw wrote:argh - I love soarers almost as much as I love supras.

Mine was a 1j rather than v8, but great for some easily accesible horses! what're your plans with the soarer?
Its just going to be a road legal track/drift car. One for me to learn a bit more in. And Chris dose not know it yet but my daily driver over the winter while do some work to mine :D

We just need to work over the rear suspension for it to pass an MOT. We have all the bits for a manual conversion. And then later once the supra and my car have been finished. We will supercharge it we have a set of coil overs sat waiting to go on. And i suspect it will get a strip down and respray to. We also have an old bucket seat to replace the arm chair of a drivers seat.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Toyota Supra V8 build

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:51 pm

We also had a very tired silver supra arrive at the workshop. it has a 2 j and i think we will probably end up swapping out the auto in that at some point. Its not our car but a friends not 100% sure if its a quick tidy and flip or a project yet.