Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Angelus666

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by Angelus666 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:48 pm

Saw one of these on the M25 yesterday (with test vehicle stickers on it)....and my god it is unbelievably ugly in the metal. From every angle it looks awful, I can't believe they signed off on it....was actually a little shocked at how bad it looked. :thumbsdown:

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by MrPT » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:51 pm

They are proper fugly. Especially when you compare with the other couple of SUV's launched recently, the Levante and the F-Pace. The traditional Bentley styling cues just don't translate very well to that shape.

Bet they'll sell loads though. :cry:
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by GuidoK » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:13 pm

I think all current style bentley's are ugly tbh.
Maybe nicely put togheter etc but ugly design.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by PerryGunn » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:14 pm

MrPT wrote:Bet they'll sell loads though. :cry:
Apparently pre-orders have already topped 5000 - at a minimum of £160k each :o

Just imagine how many they could sell if they made it look good!
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

85genius

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by 85genius » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 pm

I like the continental but all the others look crap
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by patriot66 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:45 pm

The Bentayga is absolutely hideous ! Looks like a FX4 taxi cab ! Handbuilt British luxury they may be but my god all current Bentley styling is truly awful in my opinion. :thumbsdown:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by Angie4m » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:34 pm

One past me on my way back from picking up the sport. It was a boke moment. I see one every weekday as some bloke in Edinburgh drops his kid off at the Edinburgh Academy. He also lives not too far away and parks it on the street outside his house and not on the drive.

It's still not grown on me. I just look at it and think why?

Think someone need to resurrect the Porsche Cayenne joke advert that someone moked that said show the other parents on the school run you have more money than sense :lol:
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

TR4man

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by TR4man » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:25 pm

Living where I do just outside Nantwich, I frequently see Bentleys of various types being test driven from the factory just down the road in Crewe.

In the flesh they are even more ugly than they look in pictures. The Beckhams and their sort will love it.
2006 E86 Si Sport as a daily driver.

Sae

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by Sae » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:42 pm

They're not ugly as such, but are certainly in your face and definitely different.
Not been in one but bet they're extremely luxurious inside, I'm probably not the only one secretly hoping they will depreciate like hell to about £30k in 3yrs :)
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by cj10jeeper » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:53 am

They are ugly up close due to the sheer bulk and attempt to keep the Bentley look. but I can tell you the oil states love them.
South of Spain has some of them around. Utter luxury and ability to get off piste a little compared to say a normal Bentley sells well.

Much prefer the F pace but a class down.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

z4pilot

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by z4pilot » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:57 am

Saw one the other day being given the full beans out of a junction. Sounded quite awesome and seeing something so large move so quickly was quite impressive - still fugly though... How are you supposed to pronounce the name? Bent Tiger ???
Now Gone - 2008 Coupe, Montego Blue, Champagne leather and Piano Black interior, Eibachs & Koni Sport shocks, Style 230 19s, Eisenmann Quad - approaching perfection...

stuartC

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by stuartC » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:07 am

It doesn't need to look good.

Footballists and their models wives a) have no taste & b) will fork over huge wads of cash for anything with a Bentley logo.

z4pilot - "bent tiger" .... :rofl:
3.0si Hellrot Sport Coupe (http://goo.gl/g9N5Kz)
X5 E53 3.0d
https://www.instagram.com/stuartclennett/
Programmer, weight lifter, cyclist, horse rider

kammy1975

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by kammy1975 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:53 pm

z4pilot wrote:Saw one the other day being given the full beans out of a junction. Sounded quite awesome and seeing something so large move so quickly was quite impressive - still fugly though... How are you supposed to pronounce the name? Bent Tiger ???
I guess that the only benefit as an owner is that you get to sit inside one and enjoy the luxuries and performance, without having to look at the outside !!! Except when you pass that mirrored shop front and scare the crap out of yourself !!!

Seriously ugly motors, why would anyone spend that much money on something so hideous.... horses for courses i guess... or more money than sense !!!

Sae

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by Sae » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:38 pm

kammy1975 wrote:
z4pilot wrote:Saw one the other day being given the full beans out of a junction. Sounded quite awesome and seeing something so large move so quickly was quite impressive - still fugly though... How are you supposed to pronounce the name? Bent Tiger ???
I guess that the only benefit as an owner is that you get to sit inside one and enjoy the luxuries and performance, without having to look at the outside !!! Except when you pass that mirrored shop front and scare the crap out of yourself !!!

Seriously ugly motors, why would anyone spend that much money on something so hideous.... horses for courses i guess... or more money than sense !!!
...coming from someone with a Bentley style key :poke:
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black

Z4_35i

Bentley Bentaga-thing...

Post by Z4_35i » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:42 pm

I was actually at Bentley HQ in Crewe today for a meeting at their customer center, I had to avoid looking at the B**taga in the showroom, it was so out of place compared to the other models.