Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Time to say bye!

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
luix_luix

Time to say bye!

Post by luix_luix » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:07 pm

After almost 3 years of ownership it is time for my Zed and I to part ways. :(
I enoyed it so much and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

It is a sad moment, but at the same time, I'm really excited on getting my hands on its successor. Estimated delivery date is about 4 to 5 weeks (I'm importing it, since it is not sold by Ford in Chile). :driving:

It will be a completely different kind of beast that I'm sure will bring me lots of smiles, but the Zed will never be forgotten!

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Time to say bye!

Post by Smartbear » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:49 pm

Things change luix, your new car looks a beast! Let us know how you get on with it :thumbsup:
What e89 parts are you selling? :thumbsup:
Rob
Last edited by Smartbear on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Time to say bye!

Post by Chris_D » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Outrageous! You'll be back in a zed, I guarantee it. When you realise how those things like a drink or two, you'll be back! :lol:
Now....
Photo 13-10-2016, 22 30 34.jpg
Photo 13-10-2016, 22 30 34.jpg (56 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

bmwaddict

Time to say bye!

Post by bmwaddict » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:08 pm

Greetings fellow Chilean! My mum is from Chile, but I was born here (London/England)Where are you from? Santiago?
Great long open roads in Chile, you'll have lots of fun with that beast, I go every few years and have a blast on the Pan American highway! Viva Chile Mierda!
Chris_D wrote:Outrageous! You'll be back in a zed, I guarantee it. When you realise how those things like a drink or two, you'll be back!
Chris the price of fuel in Chile is dirt cheap, about 67p a litre for super unleaded!
Last edited by bmwaddict on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Time to say bye!

Post by Grumpyowl » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Very nice but it needs to be blue and white :thumbsup:

Spikey

Time to say bye!

Post by Spikey » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Very nice - bet you have lots of fun in that :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Time to say bye!

Post by buzyg » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Nice :thumbsup:

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Time to say bye!

Post by paulgs1000 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Interesting change - all the best with your new Ford :thumbsup:

Now, I like the white stripes hmmmmmm . . . .
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Time to say bye!

Post by firebobby » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:56 pm

Wow, that looks mean, like it a lot :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

luix_luix

Time to say bye!

Post by luix_luix » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:13 pm

Smartbear wrote:Things change luix, your new car looks a beast! Let us know how you get on with it :thumbsup:
What e89 parts are you selling? :thumbsup:
Rob
Thanks man! Unfortunately I'm not selling any parts. Everything is going to the new owner.
Chris_D wrote:Outrageous! You'll be back in a zed, I guarantee it. When you realise how those things like a drink or two, you'll be back! :lol:
Now....
Photo 13-10-2016, 22 30 34.jpg
lol! :rofl: I get what you say. Fuel economy is jumping out of the window, but since I will be saving on insurance (in Chile it is actually more expensive to ensure the Zed than a Shelby, just because one is a Ford and the other one a BMW... go figure) I'll have some spare cash to burn extra fuel! :fuelfire:
bmwaddict wrote:Greetings fellow Chilean! My mum is from Chile, but I was born here (London/England)Where are you from? Santiago?
Great long open roads in Chile, you'll have lots of fun with that beast, I go every few years and have a blast on the Pan American highway! Viva Chile Mierda!
Chris_D wrote:Outrageous! You'll be back in a zed, I guarantee it. When you realise how those things like a drink or two, you'll be back!
Chris the price of fuel in Chile is dirt cheap, about 67p a litre for super unleaded!
Chi-Chi-Chi-Le-Le-Le! Viva Chile! I've been living in Santiago for over 7 years now, although I'm originally from Mexico City. I gotta admit that Chile is a lovely place and a great place to live, and after living more than half of my adult life here, you could say I'm one more Chilean :P

Send me a PM and we can keep in touch when you come over. I won't have the Zed, but we can make the Shelby roar a little bit!

And yes... fuel here is at a very good price. 93 octane gas is about a USD per liter, and it is actually the cheapest you can find (we have 95 and 97).
paulgs1000 wrote:Interesting change - all the best with your new Ford :thumbsup:

Now, I like the white stripes hmmmmmm . . . .
Interesting change indeed! As a car enthusiast I want to live as many driving experiences as I can, no matter how different. Actually, the big difference between these two cars is a plus for me! :driving:

This is gonna be my first V8 :evil:

Fishy Dave

Time to say bye!

Post by Fishy Dave » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:54 pm

luix_luix wrote: This is gonna be my first V8 :evil:
:thumbsup: I'm happy with the M, but my next car will be a V8 of some sort. I enjoyed the V6 Mustang, the V8 should be special, manual I presume? :)
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

luix_luix

Time to say bye!

Post by luix_luix » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:17 pm

Fishy Dave wrote: :thumbsup: I'm happy with the M, but my next car will be a V8 of some sort. I enjoyed the V6 Mustang, the V8 should be special, manual I presume? :)
Manual of course! :driving: Even if I wanted, the Shelby version is not available with an automatic transmission (at least up to now, there are rumours that for 2018 Ford could be adding an optional 7 speed DCT).

The shift pads on the Zed were awesome, but nothing like the old-school feeling of a clutch and stick (even when it is slower than current automatic transmissions).

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Time to say bye!

Post by Smartbear » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:29 pm

luix_luix wrote:
Fishy Dave wrote: :thumbsup: I'm happy with the M, but my next car will be a V8 of some sort. I enjoyed the V6 Mustang, the V8 should be special, manual I presume? :)
Manual of course! :driving: Even if I wanted, the Shelby version is not available with an automatic transmission (at least up to now, there are rumours that for 2018 Ford could be adding an optional 7 speed DCT).

The shift pads on the Zed were awesome, but nothing like the old-school feeling of a clutch and stick (even when it is slower than current automatic transmissions).
That's the "thing" it's not about the speed per se, it's the involvement :wink:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

luix_luix

Time to say bye!

Post by luix_luix » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Smartbear wrote: That's the "thing" it's not about the speed per se, it's the involvement :wink:
Rob
Oh! You are SO right! That's actually why the Mazda MX5 is considered such an excellent roadster!

In my case: Manual Transmission + 5.2L V8 Engine + 8200 rpm red line = lots of involvement! hehehe

bmwaddict

Time to say bye!

Post by bmwaddict » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Should be a great driving experience with that combination! Manual all the way for me, despite modern autos being quicker, it's just not the same.
Enjoy your new car, and hopefully next time I come over we can meet up for a little drive!
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport