Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Adaptive LED headlights

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Yep have this on my Merc and it's fantastic. Matrix led headlights that cut multiple holes in incoming traffic etc very cool. Fullbeam permanently on but only illuminating non traffic objects.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:36 pm

PerryGunn wrote:
pvr wrote:Fortunately it was standard on my model as I don't think I would have specced it looking at the cost as an option.
I have a problem with adding stuff to cars after we've placed the order... I'll be seeking counselling... :crazydude:

When ordering, I try to keep the cost down to something 'reasonable' but find that, up until the build is locked down for production, I keep looking at the options and thinking 'Hmmm, I could add <insert option here>..., it's only an extra £xxx' - that's how the Lighting Package turned into the Adaptive LEDs... :oops:
Did you manage to get a premium when selling the X3 for my signature on the bonnet? :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:24 pm

pvr wrote:
PerryGunn wrote:
pvr wrote:Fortunately it was standard on my model as I don't think I would have specced it looking at the cost as an option.
I have a problem with adding stuff to cars after we've placed the order... I'll be seeking counselling... :crazydude:

When ordering, I try to keep the cost down to something 'reasonable' but find that, up until the build is locked down for production, I keep looking at the options and thinking 'Hmmm, I could add <insert option here>..., it's only an extra £xxx' - that's how the Lighting Package turned into the Adaptive LEDs... :oops:
Did you manage to get a premium when selling the X3 for my signature on the bonnet? :lol:
Oh, it was a signature was it... we thought it looked like an arse-print... :P
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Zed Five wrote:
ronk wrote:Agree with PerryGunn!

I specced the system with high beam assist on Mrs K's 335 and was very disappointed when I couldn't get the high beam assist on the 35is last September .
What couldn't you get it? My 35is has adaptive and high beam assist?
It's got adaptive headlights but not high beam assist - the car was ordered mid August 2016 and was in the BMW system - it had all the essentials and most of the desireables but not high beam assist .
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:26 pm

Bing wrote:Now that's properly clever :thumbsup:

How much was the option ?
On Mrs K's 335 the ZVI Visibility Option which includes Adaptive Headlights & High Beam assist was £925 inc VAT
On the Z4, Option 524 Adaptive Headlights £360 and 5ACHigh Beam Assist £150
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: