Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tesla model S

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Tesla model S

Post by TitanTim » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H9RhmO4t-I

Quite like the look of this but not for 130K, that central screen size is ludicrous :lol: The whole car seems have a strange mix of class crossed with cheap crass. Would you seat your kids in the boot :lol:

Performance is pretty good though :o

Tim.

chapeau

Tesla model S

Post by chapeau » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:05 pm

My mate at work's brother has just had one. The ludicrous speed button is, well ludicrous, something like 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, supercar speed in a family saloon.
Quite a good looking car for an electric one, especially against such competition as the renault zoe and nissan leaf :wink:
E85. 2.5i SE. 2004. Sterling grey, anthracite 107s, black leather heated seats, hardtop, sound gen retrofit, matt black grills, stubby, zhp, cupholders retrofit, roof motor in boot.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Tesla model S

Post by buzyg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Boring Car :tumbleweed:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Tesla model S

Post by TitanTim » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:22 pm

buzyg wrote:Boring Car :tumbleweed:
Sums it up, I'd rather have a slower car with some engine noise, theres no denying how electric cars are moving performance forward though, but just how fast do you need to accelerate from the lights :oops:

Tim.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Tesla model S

Post by buzyg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:24 pm

TitanTim wrote:
buzyg wrote:Boring Car :tumbleweed:
Sums it up, I'd rather have a slower car with some engine noise, theres no denying how electric cars are moving performance forward though, but just how fast do you need to accelerate from the lights :oops:

Tim.
You read my mind. :o

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Tesla model S

Post by GuidoK » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:26 pm

TitanTim wrote:Would you seat your kids in the boot :lol:
Sure.
It would be fun having them bash out the rear windscreen with their little heads when the car gets rear ended... :o

I mean if I look at pictures like these, I think they can touch the rear windscreen with their heads just sitting down... (let alone in a crash)

Needless to say the Tesla is still the safest vehicle in all tests, because crash tests dont test for rear impacts. Too uncommon they say.
They only test for whiplash, but that is a 'seat only' test, so not done in a vehicle.
So getting rear ended while standing for a traffic light or chain collisions are not relevant to euro-ncap or NHTSA.
Ive seen reverse 3rd row seats in mercedes and volvo's but those were in boxy estates, where the rear window is much further away (and I think those brands have more experience with safety than newcomer tesla (especially volvo ofcourse)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Paulwirral

Tesla model S

Post by Paulwirral » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:40 am

Has anyone else been in the Edinburgh showroom ? It's just a shop unit in the street beside Harvey nicks with 2 cars inside .

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Tesla model S

Post by original guvnor » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:18 pm

A friend of Darren's had a P80 I think and his range dropped from 200 miles to 100 in cold weather....:he thought the build quality was crap as well.