Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What Station Car...?

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Angelus666

What Station Car...?

Post by Angelus666 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:53 pm

So, I'm looking to buy a cheap runner for the station, so wanted some inspiration on what to buy?

I need the car to do the 3 mile drive to the station a few times a week, then needs to do the sh*ty jobs like supermarket shopping and trips to ikea/the dump/airports. Pretty open to ideas, but the traffic is so bad in my area now that it has to be an automatic (as the wife will need to drive it to). I don't have kids, so size isn't a priority either.

The only restriction is price, I don't really want to spend any more than £3k on it...so any ideas welcomed?

What Station Car...?

Post by sticky » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Vauxhall Signum, plenty of space, cheap in the UK it never seemed to catch and all the usual wear n tear parts from breakers. 1.9 diesel

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

What Station Car...?

Post by Ewazix » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:26 pm

I wanted something similar last year and ended up with a Subaru Forester Xt Turbo auto, it's turned from being used as the occassional runabout to being grabbed as first choice (behind the Z4 of course!). Subaru's are generally bulletproof and undervalued, I'm just annoyed that I've never had one before. Recommended unless you do massive miles as they won't really do more than 28 - 34 mpg but great fun and a nice forum :)

My Scooby runabout viewtopic.php?f=16&t=86903&hilit=forester

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/
Forester.jpg
Forester.jpg (107.66 KiB) Viewed 580 times
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost