Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Volvo concepts

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Volvo concepts

Post by GuidoK » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:19 pm

All reviews i've seen about volvo's on that platform (so c30 and v40) say that they're really good drivers cars.
And that would make sense imho as its virutally the same car as the focus. So I'm putting a critical note by the reviewers you saw.

Obviously stiffer springs or a stiffer swaybar improves handling, but it also looses comfort. This is a matter of choice and not a matter of potential. A good reviewer should see through that and recognize the potential of a platform regardless if it has a stiffer performance suspension setting or a softer comfort suspension setting.
Actually volvo has 3 stiffnesses in arb's available for the c30 so it even might have been that they got a specced car that didnt suit their liking, but again a competent reviewer should see through that. Maybe ford goes a step further in the most stiff one.
But still its like saying a 320d has a rubbish undercarriage and a 335i has a great undercarriage. That would be more a matter of taste than a really objective assessment as 95% of the parts and the overall design are the same

I know the focus RS has an altered front suspension which ford calls the 'revoknuckle' which is basically a mcpherson strut with an extra kingpin, but the ST hasnt. Maybe those reviewers were a bit blinded or under the impression that they had a more potential car under their behinds thay that they really had :wink:
Last edited by GuidoK on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Sae

Volvo concepts

Post by Sae » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:55 pm

To continue the shooting break theme, one photoshop that would cheer up the world if they built it
Attachments
IMG_7032.JPG
IMG_7032.JPG (48.23 KiB) Viewed 687 times
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black