Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

random car itches

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Jaw

random car itches

Post by Jaw » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:04 am

Was looking at the thread on estates and came across an RS4. I've always wanted one but I've never needed an avant (and prefer them to the saloons).

Got to thinking that whenever I've been in the position to buy one, I've always loved them but not enough to commit :lol: but would love one/may pick one up for a couple of months, Made me get to thinking - what car itches are there that people have that aren't particularly better or faster than your current car, but for some unexplainable reason you've always wanted? Under say 8k (not sure if the rs4 is in that territory in the UK ?) And over 10 years old.

Queue a day of car window shopping.

My top 5:

90's VW Corrado VR6
Impreza (probably in blue with ridiculous rwc livery) or Evo of some description
VW Golf R32 Mk 1 in blue or a clio 182
MG ZT 260
Brera

(yeah I know it's not really 5 lol)
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

random car itches

Post by Marlon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:17 am

RS4 (B7) Saloon
I was after one of these a few years back, unlikely to get one for 8k though - when I was looking they were all starting at 17k upwards :cry: They are rare and very sort after in the UK :driving:

Cheapest one on Auto Trade at the minute is £16k and that only gets you a left hand drive :(
http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... UDI&page=1
rs4.JPG
rs4.JPG (97.77 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
Last edited by Marlon on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

random car itches

Post by jamie_z4 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:19 am

e46 M3.

Had 22 E46's - loads of various engines but never an M3, always wish id got one when they were 5k.
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

random car itches

Post by sticky » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:31 am

Jaw wrote:Was looking at the thread on estates and came across an RS4. I've always wanted one but I've never needed an avant (and prefer them to the saloons).

Got to thinking that whenever I've been in the position to buy one, I've always loved them but not enough to commit :lol: but would love one/may pick one up for a couple of months, Made me get to thinking - what car itches are there that people have that aren't particularly better or faster than your current car, but for some unexplainable reason you've always wanted? Under say 8k (not sure if the rs4 is in that territory in the UK ?) And over 10 years old.

Queue a day of car window shopping.

My top 5:

90's VW Corrado VR6
Impreza (probably in blue with ridiculous rwc livery) or Evo of some description
VW Golf R32 Mk 1 in blue or a clio 182
MG ZT 260
Brera

(yeah I know it's not really 5 lol)
Tried the S4 avant, not quite the same I know but still a lot of car for the money these days, and not exactly slow either

bmwaddict

random car itches

Post by bmwaddict » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 am

Mitsi Evo 6, last of the 90s evos, always loved how they look and sound, and rapid, 0-60 around 4.7, although I don't know if I could live with that mini cab interior after owning so many German cars.

Wish I'd bought an e36 M3 GT when they were 7-9k now they're rare as rocking horse poo and 20k+.

Always wanted an e46 m3 as well but after my zed I'm hooked and would much prefer a z4mc.
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

random car itches

Post by Marlon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 am

jamie_z4 wrote:e46 M3.

Had 22 E46's - loads of various engines but never an M3, always wish id got one when they were 5k.
8k gets you this beaut :wink: : http://www.lancashiresports.co.uk/used- ... ire-811691

Lancashiresports always have a few M3 E46 in stock
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Buckz

random car itches

Post by Buckz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 am

you had TWENTY TWO E46s? :|

e46 m3
toyota soarer
toyota chaser
toyota aristo
ae86

there's a pattern there :D

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

random car itches

Post by jamie_z4 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:00 am

Buckz wrote:

you had TWENTY TWO E46s? :|

there's a pattern there :D
yep :rofl:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

VRSteve

random car itches

Post by VRSteve » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:05 am

Something with a V8.

I've had a Range Rover classic and a Disco2, both with petrol V8's and I keep looking at TVR's and Westfield Seights.

One day!
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

random car itches

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:07 am

I have been VERY close to pushing the button on an RS6 Avant, the V10 one - several times.

ONLY reason I haven't is the warning given to me by my neighbour, who is (retired) Matrix enforcement, Merseyside Police.

He said, "Mike, they are great, until someone knocks on your door with a hammer or knife in their hand "asking" for the keys, and what if it's your teenage daughter that's in at the time?" He said he'd been to numerous calls where this had happened, and failing that - Did I really want to get burgled, just so they could get the keys?

Sobering thought, and one that stopped me. Comes to something in our society though, when this is actually happening. :(

Mike

Buckz

random car itches

Post by Buckz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:47 am

Ducklakeview wrote:I have been VERY close to pushing the button on an RS6 Avant, the V10 one - several times.

ONLY reason I haven't is the warning given to me by my neighbour, who is (retired) Matrix enforcement, Merseyside Police.

He said, "Mike, they are great, until someone knocks on your door with a hammer or knife in their hand "asking" for the keys, and what if it's your teenage daughter that's in at the time?" He said he'd been to numerous calls where this had happened, and failing that - Did I really want to get burgled, just so they could get the keys?

Sobering thought, and one that stopped me. Comes to something in our society though, when this is actually happening. :(

Mike
I'd say running costs might be a bit more of a concern ;) I know a guy who owns a 920bhp one. Went out in it once, it is next level of performance and every car after that feels slow.

but the money he spends running it is CRAZY.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

random car itches

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:59 am

Buckz wrote:
Ducklakeview wrote:I have been VERY close to pushing the button on an RS6 Avant, the V10 one - several times.

Mike
I'd say running costs might be a bit more of a concern ;) I know a guy who owns a 920bhp one. Went out in it once, it is next level of performance and every car after that feels slow.

but the money he spends running it is CRAZY.

TBH, I wasn't bothered about the running costs, expected to spend a fair bit more on tyres and brakes etc, even the insurance was reasonable with no extra premium on my traders policy, BUT it had to be garaged, tracker fitted and they were going to restrict it to me only driving it, which wasn't a problem.

Reading some of these however..

http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/news/ ... p-11535255

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... o-11603921

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... slept.html

http://www.bromsgroveadvertiser.co.uk/n ... in_Hagley/

http://www.suttoncoldfieldobserver.co.u ... story.html

I know it's the Netherlands, but this guy must have been in tears, I know I would have been; http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture ... en-burned/

Mike

Buckz

random car itches

Post by Buckz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:03 pm

that's pretty much the case with any new performance audi/bmw/ranger-rover etc :) I've heard it all.

C6 is the V10 one and c7 has been out for a while, doubt that the older one is still on the radar.

but yeah, there's always that risk with new performance cars.

ocrx8

random car itches

Post by ocrx8 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Golf R32 Mk5. Simply wonderful noise.
Current: '08 ///MR | Interlagos | Champagne | Nav | DSP | Cruise | Intravee | ZHP | Black Grilles | Stubby

Previous: '56 3.0si Sport Roadster | Ruby Black | Extended Champagne | Nav | DSP | Xenons | 108s | Non-RFs | Stubby

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

random car itches

Post by Smartbear » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:57 pm

I've always fancied a hairy chested tvr with their outrageous looks & bonkers engines 8)
Always been put off by tales of expensive engine meltdowns :cry:
A friend of a friend had a particularly fast model & regained consciousness in a field after it all went spectacularly wrong with every wheel torn off the car :o
IMG_0734.JPG
IMG_0734.JPG (63.99 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold