Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Alfa Romeo Giulia QF

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Rorybeanbutler

Alfa Romeo Giulia QF

Post by Rorybeanbutler » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm sure we've all read reviews and seen the grand tour and Chris Harris videos. Well yesterday I got to have a test drive in one, and dear god they don't disappoint. That engine is a gem which sounds so good. It whips around the rev range like nothing I've driven with pops and bangs a plenty. To be fair the quality inside was really high. The leathers and controls feel beautiful. The way the screen integrates is really nice. I don't like the habit of the screens being stuck out.

All in guys try and get a drive. Blew my mind with the pace of it.
z4 coúpe gone. C30 r design arrived.

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Alfa Romeo Giulia QF

Post by markeg » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Big question - how was the getting in and out though? Is it built with the larger gentleman in mind? :D
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Rorybeanbutler

Alfa Romeo Giulia QF

Post by Rorybeanbutler » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:15 pm

I really don't know what clarkson was on about in that respect. I'm 6'1 and 15 stone and had no problem. When you open the door the electric seat slides back as far as it will go. Was quite a cool feature.
z4 coúpe gone. C30 r design arrived.

Jaw

Alfa Romeo Giulia QF

Post by Jaw » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Waiting for a test drive to become avaialble because these things baffle me. Optioned up with the infrared windscreen, brembos and 5 hole wheels I'm looking at just over $80k for a gorgeous (for a 4 door sedan) 0-60 in 3.6 twin turbo beast. I keep looking out for the catch!

Not sure I'd take one home purely because Im not looking for a saloon (and would probably go for a used C63 or v10 M5 if I was) but if alfa ever create something akin to the 4c but with the credentials of the QF I's be down there in a split.
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage