Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Daily driver suggestions

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Jay-SP

Daily driver suggestions

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Quick update. The search continues.

I had a quick look at a V50 today and liked it. I didn't drive it, and the particular car I looked at was a bit ropey - not one I'd consider. But I like the look of the car and it felt like the build quality was decent.

I'd still like to take a look at a V70, but not sure I really need something quite this large!

E46 Touring is a definite consideration.

I'm also re thinking size of whatever I choose and have put VW Golf mk4/mk5 and Audi A3 on my list. I'd love to put the Mini on my list as well, but I just don't think it's big enough. Ford Focus keeps being mentioned among friends, but I'm not sure about this one. It seems to fit when I look at them, but can't make my mind up whether of not to put this on the list of candidates. As for the mountain bike in these cars, I know I'll have to remove the front wheel. I could also have a tow bar fitted and/or bike rack.

I was thinking of going diesel, but not sure if this is a good idea at the moment. What are peoples thoughts on diesel? I like the torquey nature of a diesel for my DD, and obviously the fuel economy and cheaper road tax (not sure for how much longer).