Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New company daily driver

Discussion of other cars non-Z4

New Company Daily Driver: Which would you choose?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:05 am

Mercedes Benz C220 AMG line estate
44%
BMW 320D M Sport Touring
46%
Audi A4 S line 190 Avant
6%
VW Passat R line 190 estate
4%

Total votes: 50

sdrive35ian

New company daily driver

Post by sdrive35ian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:24 am

Thanks for all the replies and votes. My thoughts are similar to the majority here: The Merc wins hands down on exterior and interior styling, whereas the BMW is the better drive (although I've only driven the 420d M Sport Gran Coupe, still need to drive the 3, but with the same engine on the same chassis, they must be very similar).

I don't need a huge estate as the Mrs has decided now that she can't bear to let go of her Land Rover, so as superb as the Superb is, it's not for me. All I need is space for a couple of cricket bags and for it to big enough for a Labrador to ride in comfort. I will also drive the Audi as I really like the way it looks and the MQB chassis is a cracker. I have it in my Golf GT which handles superbly.

The thing that stops me going for the 3 is that it looks really old now and must be due a replacement soon. Does anyone know if this imminent in 2018? There's nothing worse than taking a new car on for 3 years and then quickly find a far superior replacement is launched. I think I shall try and chat up our fleet manager and see if she'll let me squeeze into the new 520d Touring!

Thanks again,

Ian.
[img][IMG]http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z41 ... uyixp.jpeg[/img][/image

Current Z4 sdrive35i & mk7 Golf GT. Past: 330ci, Octavia VRS, mk5 GTI x 2, mk4 V6 4motion, mk2 GTI 16v