Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Lotus Esprit itch

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:34 pm

buzyg wrote:You lot are far too modern far me. What ever happened to turning up with the new car you just bought and telling your other half to get in.

You actuality ask first..... :? .
That's what I do..

Mike

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Chris_D » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Ducklakeview wrote:
buzyg wrote:You lot are far too modern far me. What ever happened to turning up with the new car you just bought and telling your other half to get in.

You actuality ask first..... :? .
That's what I do..

Mike
It's called 'post-purchase conflict-avoidance methodology'.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by firebobby » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Chris_D wrote:
Ducklakeview wrote:Chris_D, option No 5?

Poison them both???

Does Laura like cars BTW :evil:

Mike
She's not me bird in any case. She was but we're just bezzies now. :wink:
Oh yeah, got her phone number handy :whistle: :whistle:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Mike6

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Mike6 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:27 pm

My last weekend car was a 1988 carb turbo Lotus Esprit. I miss it dearly but the Z4 makes up for it. I had the Esprit for 6 years and rebuilt the engine. They can be difficult to maintain and are troublesome. Also certain parts are becoming difficult to get hold of, the exhaust manifold being one . When I sold mine it went 10 minutes after advertising it and now resides in Belgium. However the new owner has had plenty of problems and I believe the car is out of action at the moment.
The car had a sports exhaust and was capable of throwing flames if you spooled up the turbo and then lifted off the throttle. My abiding memory is the noise and backfiring from the exhaust. Our high street is fairly narrow and people used to come out of shops to see what had gone past. GET ONE NOW!!!!!!

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Chris_D » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:34 pm

firebobby wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
Ducklakeview wrote:Chris_D, option No 5?

Poison them both???

Does Laura like cars BTW :evil:

Mike
She's not me bird in any case. She was but we're just bezzies now. :wink:
Oh yeah, got her phone number handy :whistle: :whistle:
Down boy. Get back in ur basket fred!

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Chris_D » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:35 pm

Mike6 wrote:My last weekend car was a 1988 carb turbo Lotus Esprit. I miss it dearly but the Z4 makes up for it. I had the Esprit for 6 years and rebuilt the engine. They can be difficult to maintain and are troublesome. Also certain parts are becoming difficult to get hold of, the exhaust manifold being one . When I sold mine it went 10 minutes after advertising it and now resides in Belgium. However the new owner has had plenty of problems and I believe the car is out of action at the moment.
The car had a sports exhaust and was capable of throwing flames if you spooled up the turbo and then lifted off the throttle. My abiding memory is the noise and backfiring from the exhaust. Our high street is fairly narrow and people used to come out of shops to see what had gone past. GET ONE NOW!!!!!!
A compelling argument for!

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Chris_D wrote: She's not me bird in any case. She was but we're just bezzies now. :wink:
Hmm...

The plot thickens..

I couldn't be best friends with any of my ex's, well not now they are all buried under the patio (don't worry Chris, there is one space left if you really want that Lotus)

So it's just friends (with benefits?) now then??

Mike

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by firebobby » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Ducklakeview wrote:
Chris_D wrote: She's not me bird in any case. She was but we're just bezzies now. :wink:
Hmm...

The plot thickens..

I couldn't be best friends with any of my ex's, well not now they are all buried under the patio (don't worry Chris, there is one space left if you really want that Lotus)

Mike
Sounds like an episode of Brookside :rofl:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Chris_D » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:43 pm

firebobby wrote:
Ducklakeview wrote:
Hmm...

The plot thickens..

Mike
Sounds like an episode of Brookside :rofl:
Lol @Brookie. Ricky tomlinson was the best thing in that.
And no mike, we were over 13 years ago and she's got a feller now. He's actually a top bloke. They were round my gaff last night for dinner however and he scoffed all my split pea dahl the cheeky whippersnapper :x . Lol. Was lookin forwards to finishin it off tonight but had to make do with a veggie burger. #1stworldproblems

Yorkie Z

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Yorkie Z » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:02 pm

Will your coupe be an M/// if you get one? Think the Lotus could be a little bit of a let down after a few months mate. Plus you'd have to by a medallion!
A Dirty M///

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Chris_D » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:58 pm

Yorkie Z wrote:Will your coupe be an M/// if you get one? Think the Lotus could be a little bit of a let down after a few months mate. Plus you'd have to by a medallion!
Doubt it. Would be nice but difficult to source a decent UK one coupled to me being located in Holland.
Will be a Si Sport if anything.
Really hankering after an Esprit these days tho, esp after watchin vids like this. Guy runs a bike fab shop and did a project Esprit. Lucky soandso:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Nictrix » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Ducklakeview wrote:
Hmm...

The plot thickens..

Mike
Is it because she has quite large hands and made you feel inadequate :lol:
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Sae

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Sae » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Lol, :driving: , if heineken/carlsberg did dating adds theyd read like this ....
Marlon wrote:Interesting insight into your family dynamics Chris. I’ve no advice regarding your Dad’s Lotus.
There are women who are passionate about cars – they love the aesthetics and the modifications, and are happy if you spend lots of time and money on them; they will forego holidays and expensive shopping trips to keep the car. They see sports cars like the Z4 as works of art and enjoy the experience of being driven in them. They constantly comment on how beautiful and breath-taking the car is and have opinions on the smallest details – like suggesting lowering the ride height or agreeing that the pillars will look better gloss black. Some of these rare creatures don’t even drive.
If you must live with someone then finding one of these women makes life a lot easier.
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Lotus Esprit itch

Post by Nictrix » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Sae wrote:Lol, :driving: , if heineken/carlsberg did dating adds theyd read like this ....
Marlon wrote:Interesting insight into your family dynamics Chris. I’ve no advice regarding your Dad’s Lotus.
There are women who are passionate about cars – they love the aesthetics and the modifications, and are happy if you spend lots of time and money on them; they will forego holidays and expensive shopping trips to keep the car. They see sports cars like the Z4 as works of art and enjoy the experience of being driven in them. They constantly comment on how beautiful and breath-taking the car is and have opinions on the smallest details – like suggesting lowering the ride height or agreeing that the pillars will look better gloss black. Some of these rare creatures don’t even drive.
If you must live with someone then finding one of these women makes life a lot easier.
Theres not many of them around, but I have a good one too.
Likes nice cars, loves driving around, even helps me wash the cars even when its cold outside.
It was her idea to buy the Z and after I mentioned that I fancied an X6 she talked me into getting one.
Not been on a good holiday for years as we would rather spend the cash on nice things (I havnt been abroad in 12 years)
She likes bikes too and owns her own 2007 R1 with 169bhp.
:D
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)