Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Nissan Qashqai

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Surrey-Z4

Nissan Qashqai

Post by Surrey-Z4 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a new daily car and seem to be leaning towards the Nissan Qashqai (2 or 3 years old) and wondered:

A) does anyone have any experience of these, good or bad

and

B) what else is worth considering that's similar?

Needs to be petrol!

Cheers!

John.

85genius

Nissan Qashqai

Post by 85genius » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:22 pm

Go for the Juke instead they do a Nismo version was looking yesterday but still not sure I need a second car
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

85genius

Nissan Qashqai

Post by 85genius » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

Surrey-Z4

Nissan Qashqai

Post by Surrey-Z4 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:55 am

Hmmm....as much fun as that looks I'm thinking something more average as a cummter car to be honest!

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Nissan Qashqai

Post by markeg » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Looked at one, there was no support in the rear seats so would be pretty uncomfortable long distance for an adult/teenager. Also limited lumbar adjustment in the front seats. Other than that, after test driving a couple, thought they were pretty good motors albeit a bit commonplace on today's roads. Popular for a reason, I expect!

We ended up getting an XC60 instead.
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Nissan Qashqai

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:59 am

OP, I can see how these work for family life - but if you do get one please don't drive it in "Angry Dad" mode!

Yesterday morning in my "sensible" E46 325ti I had to put a white one (AA10 ***) back in it's place from a set of traffic lights on the A331 (before I had a "Fire-ball in waiting" Zafira pinned to my rear bumper on the M25 - but only until the road cleared)! :roll:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Nissan Qashqai

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:07 am

85genius wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:22 pm Go for the Juke instead they do a Nismo version was looking yesterday but still not sure I need a second car
Can't comment on the Qashqai but my daughter has a the Joke Nismo version. For sure it's quick and smomennice trim details, but It's a real poor value car and comes low in all sorts of ratings Inc. depreciation. Really poor rear seat legroom. I can vouch for the lower spec too as I'm driving one in Spain this week.
Not even enough boot space to fit 2 cases..
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

GBZ4

Nissan Qashqai

Post by GBZ4 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:29 am

I know this isn't helpful, but to be perfectly blunt, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of one. Sorry :?
2016 E89 18i Roadster - gone and forgotten

Twin Turbo

Nissan Qashqai

Post by Twin Turbo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:42 am

I had one on loan when my Z4 was in for warranty work - as this is only what enterprise had available.

My thoughts on it.

1) wife loved the look of it, and this was its best feature "STATIONARY"
2) It has to be one of the worse cars I have ever driven, even worse than the wife's old A4 Convertible

It is not a patch on an Honda CRV - as this has to be one of the most piratical cars we have owned.

However you may take an different take on its personality - take one out on an test drive - and come to your own conclusions.

jarhead

Nissan Qashqai

Post by jarhead » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:14 am

I drive one as my daily so can comment, it all comes down to what you're looking for as a daily. It's not built for speed so ignore comments that might relate to that. Handling is ok for what it is, it's relatively comfortable in town and on the motorway as I drive mine to and from London/Leicestershire every weekend. The build is good and it does have some nice gadgets. Mine is a diesel so incredibly frugal but like one or two sensible members said, take one for a drive and see what you make of it.
They're not perfect however they're quite popular for a reason.
Black and beautiful 3ltr auto for fun
Peugeot 508 SW for daily use
Stripped out E46 330ci for track days

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Nissan Qashqai

Post by Z4M-2006 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:20 am

This....

They are fine,relatively cheap to buy and run with a decent amount of space..

Only ever seen the odd wheel bearing and wiper linkage go faulty although they can suffer from a crunchy gearbox as the miles get up apparently..

If you need a cheap daily just avoid all the french crap and vauxhall... you wont go far wrong.

Roundozo

Nissan Qashqai

Post by Roundozo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Ok so it's a few year's back now, 2012 to be precise but we moved out into the sticks and wifey wanted something a bit bigger than the little Clio she had (first week driving to work from our new house she came round a corner and a huge stag was standing in the road. Wouldn't have been a nice outcome in a little car). Anyway...

We checked out;
Nissan Qashqai
Kia sportage
Ford cougar
VW tiguan

Ended up with the VW. Mostly due to build quality and the perminant four wheel drive (ok so maybe not suitable for a standard commute). The reason we stayed clear of the Nissan was the build quality just wasn't there. It felt cheap and didn't come with much. Limited visibility out of the back window and we looked at the one with the Renault engine. No thanks! I personally would look elsewhere if i were you. Only get a Duke if you like tiny spaces. For a car of its size it has very little internal space.
Past - Z4 Coupe, gone but not forgotten
Present - 530d M sport touring

dans6490

Nissan Qashqai

Post by dans6490 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Would never have another Nissan (maybe a GTR). The build quality is awful and cheap.

We leased a 2013 model, with upgraded trim (tekna) I believe. Everything felt cheap and nasty to be honest. My wife covered 20000 miles and the leather on the bolster both sides had split. They are cheap to own/lease, for a reason I guess.

As my nan used to say "furcoat and no knickers".

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Nissan Qashqai

Post by markeg » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:10 pm

dans6490 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:16 pm As my nan used to say "furcoat and no knickers".
we must have the same nan, Dan :D
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

dans6490

Nissan Qashqai

Post by dans6490 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:11 pm

markeg wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:10 pm
dans6490 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:16 pm As my nan used to say "furcoat and no knickers".
we must have the same nan, Dan :D

Haha. The old ones are the best!!