Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Favourite car from a TV series

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Cat7

Post by Cat7 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:37 pm

Bodie and Doyle's Capris in the Professionals. I bought one pretty much the same as soon as I could afford it after passing my driving test. Great fun on wet roundabouts.

ric19

Post by ric19 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Chris_D wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:09 am ....or has this been done to death already? Ah well, if it has no biggy eh?

In my continuing search for the 'next automotive' toy and researching various options I came accross a piccy of one of, if not my alltime favourite car from a TV series - Ed Strakers car from the Gerry Anderson UFO series.
OMG, seeing it first as a 4 year old in 1974 I used to lust after this car everytime I saw it! My mum told me I used to wet my pants with excitement if it appeared on the telly all those years ago! I think she might have exaggerated or embellished that story a bit for the benefit of my embarrassment at family dinners as I don't quite remember getting that excited!

But still, it was and still remains one of my alltime faves. Ofc there was bonds Aston, the Lotus later on, Lady Penelope's Rolls, Jim Rockfords Pontiac Firebird and Dastardly and Mutley's Whacky Racer, I had models for all but hands down favourite was my Dinky replica of Ed Strakers car, sadly lost forever. My personal theory is that it now resides about half a meter underground at the bottom of the garden at our old house in Manly Road as due to my brother's and I's quest for excitement and adventure (read as boredom relinquishment) we used to devise cunning and evil methods of interacting with the family dog, usually involving some sort of ramp arrangement whereby we would get him to walk in front of the ramp and we would make various cars and evil knievel jump over him and land in me mams flowerbeds.
My personal theory is that when doing this with my beloved Ed Strakermobile that I misjudged the launch and it disappeared up his backside never to be seen again. He did let out a yelp as I remember. We couldnt find it after tearing up and searching the flowerbeds much to my mum's chagrin, leading us to suspect that it had indeed succumbed to a rather distasteful end. Supplementary to this theory was the fact that Kip, our beloved black lab never seemed to sit comfortably until has passing. Hence, I think he took it to the grave...at the bottom of the garden....in his bottom. :| :oops:

Anyway, some pics ..
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Don't know if you are interested but UFO is currently showing on Saturday and Sunday on Forces TV if you have Sky

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:48 pm

Top tip! Thx fella :thumbsup:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:49 pm

Cat7 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:37 pm Bodie and Doyle's Capris in the Professionals. I bought one pretty much the same as soon as I could afford it after passing my driving test. Great fun on wet roundabouts.
Pics!
:poke:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.