Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Best way to source a new car?

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
36valley

Best way to source a new car?

Post by 36valley » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:26 am

Many thanks for the replies and advice, all greatly appreciated.
Agree about the savings to be had buying nearly new rather than brand new. Indeed that was the intention up until 2pm Sunday. That was when she fell in love with Hyacinth Red! While we were really looking for a C class Coupe, she saw a SLC in Hyacinth Red on the forecourt of a dealer and if hadn't already been sold it would have been coming home with us there and then. :driving:
The colour is a £890 special order and not very common/popular. Not quite up there with Unicorn rarity, but close. Hence the decision to look at new cars.
Were both aware that by being so specific on the colour were going to have to pay more than if we were flexible on colours and spec. That said this will probably be a car we keep for a long time and depreciation isn't such a big factor in the decision. The last Mercedes I bought new was still going strong at 225,000 miles until some t**t decided to overtake me as I turned right of a main road into a side road. :x But then that was in a time when build quality was still as important as profit.

Cheers,
Pete.