Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

car envy -Merc C300 h sport

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:29 pm

OK so I admit i'm somewhat jealous of my sons new car -a Merc C300 h sport in black -which arrived at our house with a driver at 8am today
They took away his current Volvo XC60
Here's the thing hes only a 23 yo kid
Its a company car -he works for a German company
He tells me it will do 60+mpg as its a diesel hybrid and the BIF tax is £250 pm -which apparently is quite good
He would never be able to insure it in his own name -he's never even had his own insurance policy
Last year i was quoted £800 pa for a Kia picanto
500Nm torque and 62mph in 6.4s !
They are even putting brand new snow tyres on for him from Nov-April -otherwise he wouldnt be able to get out of our road let alone around Scotingland
Lucky boy eh
He looks like one of these young footballers whos just been signed on with a big club
Chuffed to bits for the boy -hes a lucky lad -would have loved a car like that at his age -i bought myself a 2yo TR7 conv when i got my first job as a junior house doctor in Manchester -head gasket went on M62 which was under supercover -then bought a new Lancia Delta HF turbo with martini stripes when i was a senior house officer in London
Present : 987 Box
Past history : ,Z4MR ,Cat HPC evo , XKR , Eunos VR , Eunos VS, Westie S8 ,TVR S2 , S54 Z3MR, SL500 , TVR Wedge 4.6 , Cat Xflow , Saab 900 Turbo ,Cat VXE ,Cat BDR, Cat Twincam , Elan S3 , Haldane Healey, Lancia HF turbo

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:38 pm

So great when your kids are enjoying there lives, :D suddenly the first 20 odd years are all forgotten. :wink:

Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:52 pm

TBH I was just relieved when he got a job after a year wondering what he was going to do
The flash motor is obviously a nice bonus for a kid that age
Mind you hes still living at home -he's a top chef so at least i get some decent tuck for a change
Spends his cash crossing the pond to see his GF who works in NYC
His older brother is knocking his brains out as a junior doctor in Oxford earning a pittance and working twice the hours
Doesn't seem fair really
Present : 987 Box
Past history : ,Z4MR ,Cat HPC evo , XKR , Eunos VR , Eunos VS, Westie S8 ,TVR S2 , S54 Z3MR, SL500 , TVR Wedge 4.6 , Cat Xflow , Saab 900 Turbo ,Cat VXE ,Cat BDR, Cat Twincam , Elan S3 , Haldane Healey, Lancia HF turbo