If you had the choice?

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Post Reply
User avatar
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6189
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:21 pm

If you had the choice?

Post by TitanTim » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:46 pm

Always liked the RS3 but glad I have the fun car.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/vid ... ack-battle

Tim.
Image

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4214
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

If you had the choice?

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:57 pm

TitanTim wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:46 pm
Always liked the RS3 but glad I have the fun car.
Thanks for that - I can see why you prefer the fun car (and there's always the M2). :lol:
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey & 108Ms. Cruise, Storage and pdc. 325ti Sport as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

User avatar
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6189
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:21 pm

If you had the choice?

Post by TitanTim » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:55 am

I never understand though why they pit these two cars together as the M2 would be a fairer comparison but I guess shows how good the 140i is for the money. You'd be crazy forking out 14k more for the Audi.

Tim.
Image

Online
User avatar
jamie_z4
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:38 pm

If you had the choice?

Post by jamie_z4 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:00 am

TitanTim wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:55 am
I never understand though why they pit these two cars together as the M2 would be a fairer comparison but I guess shows how good the 140i is for the money. You'd be crazy forking out 14k more for the Audi.

Tim.
The S3 would be more of a comparison to the m140i wouldnt it

was watching the old 2013 top gear last night where they put a boggo mk7 golf gti up against the m135i
2005 Z4 3.0i SE Titan Silver/Pearl Grey - slightly lowered ;)

User avatar
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6189
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:21 pm

If you had the choice?

Post by TitanTim » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:30 am

jamie_z4 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:00 am
TitanTim wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:55 am
I never understand though why they pit these two cars together as the M2 would be a fairer comparison but I guess shows how good the 140i is for the money. You'd be crazy forking out 14k more for the Audi.

Tim.
The S3 would be more of a comparison to the m140i wouldnt it

was watching the old 2013 top gear last night where they put a boggo mk7 golf gti up against the m135i
It would yes, Chris Harris's vid of the RS3 and M135i was the reason I went for the propeller back in 2014, always thought it was a great review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xwecTp91-o

Tim.
Image

User avatar
DPG
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3933
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 pm
X-Box live gamer tag: DPG 99
Location: West Yorks

If you had the choice?

Post by DPG » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Fast Audi and fun in the same sentence :|
Zed-less :(

User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10243
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

If you had the choice?

Post by buzyg » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Fine for the commute. Or for nipping down to Spar :thumbsup: As long as you had a fun car to drive at the weekend., or to nip over to Spa. :wink:
Image

User avatar
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6189
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:21 pm

If you had the choice?

Post by TitanTim » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:36 am

It would be a dull old world if everyone's idea of fun was the same :)

Tim.
Image

Zeld4
Member
Member
Posts: 919
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:55 pm
Location: Oxford

If you had the choice?

Post by Zeld4 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:52 pm

TitanTim wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:30 am
jamie_z4 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:00 am
TitanTim wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:55 am
I never understand though why they pit these two cars together as the M2 would be a fairer comparison but I guess shows how good the 140i is for the money. You'd be crazy forking out 14k more for the Audi.

Tim.
The S3 would be more of a comparison to the m140i wouldnt it

was watching the old 2013 top gear last night where they put a boggo mk7 golf gti up against the m135i
It would yes, Chris Harris's vid of the RS3 and M135i was the reason I went for the propeller back in 2014, always thought it was a great review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xwecTp91-o

Tim.
It's not actually a propeller at all, it's just the colours of the Bavarian flag. It's one of the most commonly held misconceptions in the western world that the BMW rounded represents a propeller.

User avatar
mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:13 pm
Location: Vancouver Island

If you had the choice?

Post by mcbeee » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:26 pm

DPG wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:32 pm
Fast Audi and fun in the same sentence :|
Yes, Dorothy, it can happen here. The Audi Winter Driving Experience,. Here in the land of blistering heat and incredible cold ( in the same week) , you hand over a sack of silver and drive out to the Rockies where the Audi people and a crew of racing driver/instructors give you the keys to a New, brand Spanking New S5 or S4 which you then proceed to drive the snot out of on icy roads, lakes and an ice autocross. It is fun with a capital F.

Now the octogenarian up my street with a new S3 that never goes over 2000 revs is another story... :cry: :cry:
Sold the Boxster, now I have a Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S
8) 8) 8)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austin, Vornwend and 9 guests