Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

new shiny bits + pics

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Hotride

new shiny bits + pics

Post by Hotride » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:27 am

Hey guys

just got another little addition to my growing mods collection yesterday... a new Zunsport Grille
i have recently swapped my standard kidney grille's for chrome units, now i have added the lower grill and some personalised plates to complete the front end

I seen on one of CJ's posts this aint the most popular mod, but some friends ive shown like it. let me know what you think of this one?

I took this pic when the front end was completely standard

and here it is after ive had my way with it
and here
all comments welcome...

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Re: new shiny bits + pics

Post by Taz » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:58 am

looks ok to me

Nosa

Post by Nosa » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:10 am

Looks nice,, Just needs a black carbon fibre badge to complete the look :thumbsup:

Tweed

new shiny bits + pics

Post by Tweed » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:27 am

Think I'm going to have to get me some of those chrome kidneys to check them out... I keep thinking they might be ok, then deciding they'd be too 'blingy', then you post this and they actually look nice and not too blingy at all... They work quite well with the zunsport too here...

Wouldn't work on my car, but I like it on yours :)

gmetcalf

Post by gmetcalf » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:00 pm

:thumbsup: looking good, the lower grill mess particularly, looks kinda Jag or Aston esk
2013 Z4 M Sport SDrive20i in Alpine White ( LCI ) with Pure Traction Interior
2006 Z4 Sport in Alpine White with Comfort Pack and Alpina Rims

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:07 pm

very nice :thumbsup: Works nicely.

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Looks good to me - how does the grill fit?
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

czechT698

Post by czechT698 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

I would like to see that mesh grill but in black without the badge :)
--./......................\.--
(OO\ (||||) (||||) /OO)
|__|....................|__|
sterling grey 2.5i roadster, black leather, //M Fahrewerk packet, Sport packet, Heated seats, Comfort pack, Xenon and sexy 103s 17" with Pirelli ZeroNero

Siftah

Post by Siftah » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Hotride wrote:Hey guys

just got another little addition to my growing mods collection yesterday... a new Zunsport Grille
i have recently swapped my standard kidney grille's for chrome units, now i have added the lower grill and some personalised plates to complete the front end

I seen on one of CJ's posts this aint the most popular mod, but some friends ive shown like it. let me know what you think of this one?
Glad you posted this - my right kidney has at some point been sprayed black, which is now flaking off. So I need to replace them. I was thinking of going back to the standard grey, which I like. But the Chrome looked intriguing.

I wasn't sure if it'd look to bling but I think it looks well - I'm unsure now, think maybe I'll go for Chrome too :)

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:07 pm

not for me but its refreshing to see something different
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Hotride

Post by Hotride » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:58 pm

I often browse this forum and find things that i suddenly NEED for my car, its good to see i'm not alone!! eg. ive now been looking at CF badges on fleabay

The kidneys fit perfectly, they fit the same as the OEM kidneys, and they look great under light.

@ Alan J - The Zunsport grille however, I was pretty unsure about attaching it to my car, it didn't look like an OEM part, and required me to drill holes and screws into the black OEM grill behind. But i paid for it, so i gave it a try and it turned out to be a really nice snug fit. Once in position the grille looks 10X better, and the edge is a nice tight fit the whole way around, so i was rather impressed by it, and the way it fitted in the end.

I do have one issue with it tho - its supposed to be attached with 3 screws but as you may be able to see in the pic below there is nothing for the middle screw to go into. Otherwise i would recommend it, easy to fit and looks the money, and i think it does add a prestigious look to it. (thanks gmetcalf)

czechT698 - I looked at removing the badge (i like it smooth), but its welded on and i fear the mesh may be discolored in that area if i remove it, i guess painting it black would remove that issue.

czechT698

Post by czechT698 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Hotride, Thanks!! I think they make one in black out of the factory, might go that way if they agree not to install that badge thing...
--./......................\.--
(OO\ (||||) (||||) /OO)
|__|....................|__|
sterling grey 2.5i roadster, black leather, //M Fahrewerk packet, Sport packet, Heated seats, Comfort pack, Xenon and sexy 103s 17" with Pirelli ZeroNero

klarky

Post by klarky » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:58 pm

I've got the lower grille on mine too, makes the front look a bit better, I just have the grey kidneys and think they tie in well