Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help out a fellow member!

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Hi all - just caught up on this thread and private messages as haven't had internet for a while.

So, good news and bad news. I have just come off the phone to the guy who was involved in the fabrication, but he has low battery so calling him again tomorrow. It seems the hardtop as well as one or two others is in his possession (good news), however the chap who has made the moulds seemed to think that it doesn't have the glass (bad news).

As Dave mentioned, he is based the other end of the country which is fine as long as it does have the glass, but I need to find out for sure.
Heated Red M-Sport Seats|Custom Aero Spoiler|Nav|Cruise|Xenons|Strut Brace|Wind Deflector|Phone|Red Calipers|CSL Reps|Custom Tail Lights|Hardtop|CF Badged|Gaptech RCH+|MKi9200|Intravee

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:39 pm

If it does have the glass or there is one that is usable, then I think it could be a nice idea if the fund was donated to this guy instead? We spoke briefly about the fibreglass hardtops, and they sound good quality and are a straight replacement. I'm not endorsing them as I haven't seen them and am only going by the brief conversation, but am thinking the same as Dave and possibly helping to recover some of this chap's funds by advertising them on here. In short, the call was promising; but hopefully I'll know more tomorrow. Fingers crossed my hardtop is still with the glass (which I'd had tinted! :( )
Heated Red M-Sport Seats|Custom Aero Spoiler|Nav|Cruise|Xenons|Strut Brace|Wind Deflector|Phone|Red Calipers|CSL Reps|Custom Tail Lights|Hardtop|CF Badged|Gaptech RCH+|MKi9200|Intravee

greg81

Post by greg81 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi all,

I'd like to thank everyone that got involved here to try help out a fellow member. The funds have now been transferred to Mo.

He's got a bit of an update of the current roof situation but I'll leave it for him to update soon.

Great stuff,
Greg

Truth

Post by Truth » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:13 pm

Got ur update on the go fund me. Good work mate. Hope things worked out for him. Good people have to stick together in this world and if we all help at least one person it’ll be a better place!
Z4MC

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:34 pm

Truth wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:13 pmGot ur update on the go fund me. Good work mate. Hope things worked out for him. Good people have to stick together in this world and if we all help at least one person it’ll be a better place!
+1
Hope Mo has it sorted :thumbsup:
Zedless :(

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:21 pm

If you get it back, that's good news.
However, you've offered to do this chap a favor and its ended up as hassle and worry for you. especially when he went AWAL and communication costs nothing.

Personally, I'd rather any spare funds went somewhere else, or even to this forum where those members who donated belong and would ultimately benefit. It seemed at some point I read earlier in the thread that this chap had a string of closed businesses and projects behind him and nothing seemed as transparent as first envisaged.

If the majority feel that the funds should go to the fabrication chap to aid his project, my advice would be that not a penny gets handed over until all tops have been returned to their rightful owners.

- Just my opinion !
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

Truth

Post by Truth » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:36 pm

I don’t get what your saying. Mo hasn’t updated what’s happened yet. Wait till we have been updated first I guess. Though like I said a while back if mo has got his hard top back we could use the money for the forum or we could help a guy who has also lost out from Gary freakin’ aswell.
Z4MC

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:12 pm

Truth wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:36 pmI don’t get what your saying. Mo hasn’t updated what’s happened yet. Wait till we have been updated first I guess. Though like I said a while back if mo has got his hard top back we could use the money for the forum or we could help a guy who has also lost out from Gary freakin’ aswell.
I'm saying that hopefully Mo will still get his hardtop back, and if he then feels that he wants to pass the money on to someone, it shouldn't go to the bloke who's taken it, to fund his moulding project, as that would be the last we saw of that too, hence I'm suggesting it goes to the forum.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what i understood was being proposed ?
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

greg81

Post by greg81 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:18 pm

I think the moulding guy was another bloke that was done out of money as well!

Mo will update with what happens and I'm sure will consult everyone here before refunding everyone or passing it on to the agreed party.

My tuppence:. I'd see it go to support the forum.

Edit: I think we're meaning the same thing about the moulding guy actually.
Last edited by greg81 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:45 am

Thank you everyone who donated - I picked up a new hardtop with the trimmings this weekend. Just on the lookout for a stand now. Really appreciate everyone’s help with this :driving:

the stripler

Post by the stripler » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:12 am

:thumbsup:
Bmw Z4 2.5 Si, Hellrot Red, Style 224s, Zorst tips, Cupholders,
SEAT Exeo ST170, superchipped to 215hp.
Audi A3 S-Line.
Honda SP2 S4.
1984 Mongoose Supergoose.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... 0cpufq.jpg

Truth

Post by Truth » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:42 am

Moheddine wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:45 am Thank you everyone who donated - I picked up a new hardtop with the trimmings this weekend. Just on the lookout for a stand now. Really appreciate everyone’s help with this :driving:
Your more than welcome mate. Glad u got it all sorted. All the best
Z4MC

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Moheddine wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:45 am Thank you everyone who donated - I picked up a new hardtop with the trimmings this weekend. Just on the lookout for a stand now. Really appreciate everyone’s help with this :driving:
So did you not get your original roof back in the end? Sounds like you’ve had to purchase a replacement?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

IRD

Post by IRD » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Glad you got it sorted. You’ve had a lot of hassle got there in the end. :tumbleweed: :thumbsup:

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Smartbear wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:35 pm
So did you not get your original roof back in the end? Sounds like you’ve had to purchase a replacement?
Rob
Yes, had to purchase a new one. So if anybody spots a Sterling Grey hardtop with dark tinted glass then it could well be the one that got away!