Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help out a fellow member!

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Truth

Post by Truth » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:09 pm

That’s great news! I donated £20 and don’t won’t mine refunded. I think the money could be used to help the guy who has lost money on the light weight tops or donate it to the forum.
Z4MC

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:16 am

Sounds promising about the roof being returned to its rightful owner :thumbsup:
I’m happy to go with the flow if the fund isn’t needed, the roof guys could hopefully get some return on their investment via the forum (group buy?) so maybe donated to the forum coffers is a decent idea :)
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:08 am

I really hope the OP gets his roof back in good condition.

(But I'm just glad mine is a Coupe. :lol:)

If the guys who were doing the lightweight hardtops get left out of pocket I'd be happy for my donation to go to them, or failing that for it to go to the forum as it is so useful for any Z4 owner (but also entertaining).
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Boris

Post by Boris » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 pm

Truth wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:09 pm That’s great news! I donated £20 and don’t won’t mine refunded. I think the money could be used to help the guy who has lost money on the light weight tops or donate it to the forum.
me too makes sense. :thumbsup:

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:16 pm

Smartbear wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:16 am Sounds promising about the roof being returned to its rightful owner :thumbsup:
I’m happy to go with the flow if the fund isn’t needed, the roof guys could hopefully get some return on their investment via the forum (group buy?) so maybe donated to the forum coffers is a decent idea :)
Rob
Great news this :thumbsup:. Also happy to let the donation go to this great forum or another worthy cause.
Dave
Zedless :(

Post by sticky » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Any news on the possibility of production ????

greg81

Post by greg81 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:44 pm

I've not heard from Mo in a few days so not sure what's going on. Money all sitting happily in the gofundme account until I'm instructed as to where it's going :)

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Glad the roofs been located :)

I’d also be interested in hearing more about the moulds if they are in a position to make some.
Don’t have anywhere to put it though :rofl:
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

greg81

Post by greg81 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:20 am

Hi, Is anyone in contact with Mo? I sent a PM 11 days ago about this but not had any answer.

I'd really like to sort out what's happening next

greg81

Post by greg81 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:24 pm

Anyone?

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Fishy Dave wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 pmI've tracked the hardtop down (thanks to info from the great guys at Graves Motorsport) with the company that was commissioned by GFR to make the hardtop shells, he thought it was Garys so kept hold of it as part payment. I have spoken to the owner, explained the situation and passed contact details to Mo this evening. The downside is it's at the other end of the country and I don't know what condition it is in (no reason to think it isn't as it was). I feel sorry for the guy who owns the company, it's a very small family operation, he had to put thousands on cards to invest in the moulds and materials whilst he turned down other work.

I have asked him for photos of the semi-finished hardtops as there is a chance he may be able to completely finish and sell the lightweight hardtop shells, I for one would be interested in one but will keep you updated if that's an option.
That's one shifty f**ker... he seems very adept at offloading his risk to other people.
Depending on how far along the company got with the moulds it might be worth starting a dialogue to see if they could recoup costs by producing for the forum.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:10 am

I think Mo works abroad so maybe has no access to the forum? My message to him when I located the hardtop is still in my outbox. I will try to visit the company who were producing the moulds and report back, im in Spain at present.
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

Reddaway9

Post by Reddaway9 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:17 am

Graves Motorsport, in Essex? I live in Essex. By coincidence I contacted them too. Happy to help with anything if I can.

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:03 am

Yes, it was Graves who helped. I havent revealed the name of the composites company who were making the hardtop shells just yet, partly as I would like to know that Mo gets his original back and partly as I would like to know what the shells are like before they get 20 phone calls from us asking for orders. :D
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

greg81

Post by greg81 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Fishy Dave wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:10 am I think Mo works abroad so maybe has no access to the forum? My message to him when I located the hardtop is still in my outbox. I will try to visit the company who were producing the moulds and report back, im in Spain at present.
Thanks for the info. I'd just like to get this tied up as I don't like to be in possession of other people's money for too long!