Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Is this the 2.0i exhaust solution?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Steve84N

Post by Steve84N » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:29 pm

Quelle surprise.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:33 am

Good God you're miserable man! Do you mind not slithering about behind me all the time? Surely there are others who's doorstep you could darken.

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:58 am

I say why not give it a go if you want to change it up a bit for now... worst case it goes back on the internet and you lose about a tenner.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:10 am

They were my thoughts too, tell that to the Grim Reaper here :roll:

Steve84N

Post by Steve84N » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 am

I only said what most people were thinking but were too polite to say and it turned out to be true.

If you hadn't spent on things like this and brake covers you'd already have the funds for a proper twin conversion.

For what it's worth I think you've done a good job with your car but I genuinely don't understand why you bother with rubbish in the interim.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:27 am

Well just to recap for a second, the purchase of the brake covers was never up for discussion, as they had already been purchased before I had ever posted on the forum. This was stated in my first post. What I did ask was for people to give their opinions, and it turned out once fitted that I agreed with the majority. However I painted them in anthracite and they remained on for months until I eventually got round to doing the brake upgrade, which was something I had never considered until it was suggested to me AFTER I had fitted the covers. And yes they weren't great, but I was still learning the ropes through trial and error, and to be honest I quite like experimenting. While there have been failures, many of the good things have come from experimenting, such as the headlights, gunmetal sprayed interior, black diffuser instead of body coloured. All had the potential to go either way.

Last week you picked me up on driving without mirrors despite me never once stating that I had driven, and sure enough I hadn't and still haven't. However my mirrors are now back from being carbon wrapped, another experiment which I'm very happy with, and I can safely hit the road again.

It does feel like you hang around waiting for an opportunity trip someone up or make a snide remark. The majority of the forum are helpful and supportive, and enjoy following each other's progress. You're like the antithesis. Whether I'm being paranoid or not, it feels like you take particular pleasure from pointing out my mistakes, and laying my cards on the table it really is not appreciated. Even more so when those criticism's are littered with mistakes and misinformation.

By all means exercise your right to free speech, but I wish to God you would lighten up. And if that's too difficult for you then could you please be someone else's black cloud instead of mine?

Steve84N

Post by Steve84N » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:33 am

I'd comment the same if somebody else posted about buying a slip on tip, it's not personal. Negative comments often prompt defensive replies but when you ask for opinions they are just that.

Apologies about the wing mirror comment but I'm surprised you had to ask.

I regularly share knowledge and tips when I can, and I have helped members in person. I don't sit here waiting to snipe but I do like to voice an opinion.

If I took pleasure in tripping you up I'd encourage you to carry on. I'm actually trying to save you money in the long run.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:25 pm

FWIW - the eBay special looks rubbish...I prefer what you have now. I agree with Steven84N - wait until you can afford what you actually want. Not sure how much DLV charges, but would have thought it would be a good price.

It's hard waiting to save for the mods we actually want (I should know I have a list as long as my arm) but defo worth it in the end. :)

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Saving money isn't the issue here.

But thanks :)

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:45 pm

thanatu55 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:23 pm Saving money isn't the issue here.

But thanks :)
Oh sorry, I forgot, you don't work and cash is tight but you're always splashing out money and saving isn't an issue...make sense now. :rofl:

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:57 pm

I said saving isn't THE issue HERE. Context.

The two are very different.

It also wasn't a dig. I said thanks.

Again, people read one thing and put an entirely different spin on things. Who ever said I don't work? I have never hidden the fact that their are circumstances in my life right now that prevent me from being able to work at present... I still have a job... and I am fairly well paid. You have taken one sentence I have uttered on this site at one point in time and filled in your own blanks. What my circumstances are is nobody's business, and shouldn't be the focus of a car enthusiasts forum.

If I don't want to spend a lump sum of say £300 or £400 because it may impact upon me at that point in time, yet I can afford to spend £25 on something of interest, should I come to you and justify it first? Or should life stop right there? Should I wait to see if Stev84n approves? Or should I relay my life story to you in a matter such as this to explain how I can afford that £25 item so that "it all makes sense now"?

On the whole I love this forum and the people who contribute to it. I have learnt a ton, made friends, shared experiences and offered my own advice to others. And on the whole, I haven't felt judged until now. So while this place can be a happy and passionate space, now and then a couple of twunts do spoil the broth.

Cheers,

Jay.

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Christ, this forum really is full of little bitches right now :lol: put the handbags away, lads.

Steve's correct, this is a pile of crap that doesn't even deserve to be fitted to a saxo, let alone your Z4.

Glad you've decided against it in the end.

For what it's worth, we've probably all made mistakes at some point on out modifying lives.

I once painted my brake calipers bright red, despite people telling me it would look cheap and chavvy. I soon realised the error of my ways, but i had to make that mistake to realise that :thumbsup:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:13 pm

ben g wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm . . .

For what it's worth, we've probably all made mistakes at some point on out modifying lives.

I once painted my brake calipers bright red, despite people telling me it would look cheap and chavvy. I soon realised the error of my ways, but i had to make that mistake to realise that :thumbsup:
Hang on a sec - I thought that was me, I made a right balls up of it too :D
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:27 pm

ben g wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm I once painted my brake calipers bright red, despite people telling me it would look cheap and chavvy. I soon realised the error of my ways, but i had to make that mistake to realise that :thumbsup:
Awkward..... currently painting some callipers bright red :rofl: :poke: :fuelfire:

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:56 pm

JINGLE wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:27 pm
ben g wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm I once painted my brake calipers bright red, despite people telling me it would look cheap and chavvy. I soon realised the error of my ways, but i had to make that mistake to realise that :thumbsup:
Awkward..... currently painting some callipers bright red :rofl: :poke: :fuelfire:
I'll be doing mine orange when I get my wheels refurbed!

Mike