Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Not feeling much love at the moment for Z4

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
85genius

Post by 85genius » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:05 am
step_change wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57 am
85genius wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:52 pm I had similar issues at least with random warnings popping up when my battery was on its last legs, new battery fixed em all instantly
Spec me a decent battery then guys. I was thinking of swapping it out anyway in January but might as well do so now.

Kwik-Fit is looking at £100 which I think seems steep....
Good prices here; https://www.tayna.co.uk

Costco also good for Bosch if you have a card?

However, I would be testing the battery properly first, before simply replacing it - If you are about I can do it for you in a couple of mins.

Mike
I've got my last few batteries from Tanya top service and prices! Always bought from their eBay store never bothered to look if they had a website..

This is what I'm running now

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1410202004
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

step_change

Post by step_change » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Got the car back with the cam sensor change and it feels like a new car, much more growl midrange. Done 200 miles in separate 10 mile journeys and not missed a beat. Hopefully this was the issue that led to the above.

I have tested the battery the best I can (without a drop charge tester, just a DVM) and it seems OK. Might be worth swapping the ignition switch out though still......
Gone :( : 2013 35is, Melbourne Red, DCT, Nav, Comfort pack
Gone: 2007 2.5is, Montego Blue, Auto, Nav

Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:50 pm

step_change wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 pm Got the car back with the cam sensor change and it feels like a new car, much more growl midrange. Done 200 miles in separate 10 mile journeys and not missed a beat. Hopefully this was the issue that led to the above.

I have tested the battery the best I can (without a drop charge tester, just a DVM) and it seems OK. Might be worth swapping the ignition switch out though still......
Great news - nothing more disheartening than having mystery issues with a long list of ever more expensive replacement parts to eliminate in order to reach the solution!
BMW Z4 2006 2.5SI - 437M Wheels - Strut Brace - H&R ARBs
3.0si Brake Conversion - Custom Nappa Sport Interior - Z4M Bumper+Bonnet -
BC Racing BR Coilovers - AFE Stage 2