Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Where is remote control antenna located?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:14 pm

I am suspicious I may have a problem with my remote key fob receiver/antenna. Does anyone know where it is located and where the connector to it is located? I have searched the wiring diagrams on the vehicle and can't find reference to it. The alarm system appears to be part of the GM control unit, but looking at the connector pin outs (https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e85- ... oa/YWjUbYI ) I can't see reference to remote door locking antenna. If there is a separate module controlling the antenna, does anyone know where it is?
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 pm

IIRC its by the rear view mirror.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:13 pm

This is what WDS says:
Radio remote control.

The radio remote control is functionally integrated in the general module of the ZKE. The aerial integrated in the rear window on the E46 Saloon, Touring, Coupé and E83 X3 is used as the aerial for this purpose. On the E46 Convertible E52 Z8 and E85 Z4, the aerial is fitted in the inside mirror.
and goes a bit on
Reception of radio signal on the E46 Convertible, E52 Z8 and E85 Z4

The receiver is accommodated together with the aerial in the interior rear-view mirror. The receiver transfers received radio signals via the FZV line to the central body electronics control module where they are evaluated.
That would mean the signal goes over the same line that controls the mirror's dimming feature; the blue/red wire on pin 49
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:05 am

thanks guys
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.