Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

diagnostic cable from Cable -Shack

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
silverzed

Post by silverzed » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:35 am

Hi, fellow Zedders
After reading lots of reviews and comments regarding diagnostic tools and being quoted £42 for switching off the Transport Mode, I bought the K line cable from Cable - Shack. I do have Carly for BMW, spent about £80 on it, but in vain because it can' do the job and the after sale support is appaling. I've sent few emails to them two months ago because Carly (the professional version ) couldn't read the engine parameters and no response ever since.
However, I bought the cable and software from Cable- Shack and all is done and dusted for £28. Jimmy helped me to initialise and delete the transport mode remotely,loging on my laptop. he spent a lot of time to start me up just because I'm a novice with computers. His patience, commitment and professionalism were outstanding.What was amazing is that the response time of my emails was very short.
At least I know that is someone there who can really help me. :thumbsup: :D

maxman

Post by maxman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Whose is Jimmy?,sounds like a top forum member. :thumbsup:

silverzed

Post by silverzed » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:07 am

Hi Maxman, don't know if he is a top forum member as I'm a newbie here:rofl: What I do know, is that he is a top lad:thumbsup: IMHO

bladeowner

Post by bladeowner » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:51 am

Sounds like a good alternative to bcables.com whose customer support has not been praised - allegedly :?
2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG